Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Loudest exhaust?

Who makes the loudest exhaust but without a crazy amount of drone? I currently have a Thermal R&D exhaust and I really like the sound of it but it’s not loud enough for me.

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Nope....nope...
Nope.....this has been gone over many times before. Just quit while your ahead. Please search the forum before adding more useless threads that have been already flogged to death.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Who makes the loudest exhaust but without a crazy amount of drone? I currently have a Thermal R&D exhaust and I really like the sound of it but it’s not loud enough for me.
I'm sure it's loud enough for everybody else though... lol.

I love my Borla, but considering going back to factory to minimize the attention I draw when driving 'spiritedly'. Otherwise, I love the sound it has, as do others.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
D
Thread Starter #7
Not the answer you want but I am just going to say it. A very loud exhaust and drone kind of go together.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
I would disagree I went with just a catless downpipe for a day and the drone was not bad

OP
D
Thread Starter #9
Nope....nope...
Nope.....this has been gone over many times before. Just quit while your ahead. Please search the forum before adding more useless threads that have been already flogged to death.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Get over it

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I would disagree I went with just a catless downpipe for a day and the drone was not bad
Well did you have the thermal exhaust system when you went catless? If so the thermal did its job which is to prevent drone, because it is engineered to do so.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

haste

1000 Post Club
Love my CPE. It does drone some between 2700-3000 rpms but only with a load. Otherwise, it's loud and sounds awesome. My buddy wants to sell his Cobb system and get a CPE after hearing mine.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Love my CPE. It does drone some between 2700-3000 rpms but only with a load. Otherwise, it's loud and sounds awesome. My buddy wants to sell his Cobb system and get a CPE after hearing mine.
I don't even notice any 'buzziness' any more on my CP-E Nexus system, but due to fear of LSPI I am also obsessive about never even getting close to lugging the engine at all, ever.

I know you are speaking to throttle application/load under normal, and not lugging conditions, but I don't even sense that 'drone' any more, and I have a fully gutted interior behind the front seats, all of the time.

Either I am losing even more of my little bit of hearing left, or somehow I have become 'habituated' to the noise. [dunno]

The Thermal does look 'prettier' under the car, and does not have the funky 'branched' Helmholtz chamber up into the back bumper area, but I would never switch to that system just because of any sound differences. [wink]

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I bought mine because of you bro. I have been told twice that mine sounds more "exotic" from a distance.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I'm sure it's loud enough for everybody else though... lol.

I love my Borla, but considering going back to factory to minimize the attention I draw when driving 'spiritedly'. Otherwise, I love the sound it has, as do others.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I just bought the thermal. I liked how the borla sounded better but I know its a little more restrictive than the thermal even though the thermal isnt a "true" 3"

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

kind of fleshed out on other threads. But overtly loud with always have drone.

I run the full CPE Nexus catback with the cpe resonator delete and whoosh catless downpipe which is extremely loud. But also has some terrible drone at 3k rpm and 4K rpm.