Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Loudest Horn Available ?

Sam4

I used a set of air horns with a little compressor on my 1978 Fiesta because the original horn failed after about 2 years. It was a little bitty paper cone speaker in a metal housing. They were quite loud, but there is a delay between when you press the button and they make sound.
I still try and press in the turn signal stalk (muscle/fond memories) to try and sound the horn! I had a Bosch compressor trumpet horn set up in my '80 Mk I.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I didn’t realize newer FiSTs only have one horn. My 2014 came with two and it’s LOUD. Maybe you guys with the newer cars can order the older parts??
Did you enable the Daytime Running Light feature to be more visible during the day too? I did because I have a Spirit Blue color which is quite dark and of course small since it's a Fiesta.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I haven’t done the mod yet. I made a habit of turning them on before I back out of my garage. If I forget, someone will cut me off within the first few miles of driving, every time… I used to just use H9 halogen bulbs with the Baja Designs Sport driving lights but it wasn’t enough. The Baja Pros are too bright so I went back to Sports and added 35w HIDs as a compromise. They’re really not that offensive to other drivers because I have them aimed appropriately and 99% people around here drive SUVs that sit much higher than me.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I didn’t realize newer FiSTs only have one horn. My 2014 came with two and it’s LOUD. Maybe you guys with the newer cars can order the older parts??

I haven’t done the mod yet. I made a habit of turning them on before I back out of my garage. If I forget, someone will cut me off within the first few miles of driving, every time… I used to just use H9 halogen bulbs with the Baja Designs Sport driving lights but it wasn’t enough. The Baja Pros are too bright so I went back to Sports and added 35w HIDs as a compromise. They’re really not that offensive to other drivers because I have them aimed appropriately and 99% people around here drive SUVs that sit much higher than me.
It's just one line of code in Forscan to enable them. Easy peasy as long as you have an OBDII bluetooth adapter that can talk to your computer for Forscan.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Re headlight discussion, get the Euro-Light housings and couple them with LEDs that are NOT as bright. (there are threads on this) They include DRLs. The fog lights can be aimed at the ground. I have mine aimed as low as they will go.

There are air powered train horns available that are loud enough to actually cause another driver to have a sudden and unexpected bowel movement. They are also illegal in any jurisdiction in the USA unless they are on a vehicle equipped with red lights and commonly painted red.

Many times when stuck by some idiot texting at a green light I've had a strong desire for one of those horns. Note, if I were to have one of these in my Fist it would be wired thru a delay timer so that staying on the horn for 10 seconds would trigger the super horn.

MalachiWall

Active Duty U.S. Coast Guard
Hey there! If you're on the hunt for the loudest horn available, you might want to check out the drill horn. These bad boys are known for their ear-piercing volume, and they can definitely make sure you're heard on the road. Just keep in mind that while they're great for catching attention, be sure to follow local noise regulations and use them responsibly. Safety first, right?

Last edited: