Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Lower Front Stress Bar Install

koozy

3000 Post Club
I have a pure white that's pretty close...
Just placed an order (#118) for the Upper and 6pt. bars. Please do not weld on the laser cut logo on both the Upper and Lower braces. Instead place the Pierce Motorsports label sticker on them. Color option for both braces is White. Thank you [like]

Thanks so much for all the support---just awesome you guys!!! Here's Chris's Mountune Yellow 2 point next to Jose's black 6 point---going to need a bigger drying rack!!!! That yellow just pops by the way---pics don't do justice! FIVE and HALF more hours of our Black Friday Sale left guys!!!!

koozy

3000 Post Club
Jim,

I didn't bother mentioning this, because if a previous post above you stated that all lower bars now clear the COBB hot pipe. But I just read a post on another thread that raised concern. I hope it's not too late, but I'd like my lower bar with the additional clearance. Thanks!

Hey man, any idea when these ship out? My fiesta is up on jackstands at the moment, waiting for my little brother to help me bleed my brakes. I was wondering if it would come around this week or not since I already have the car up.

I have a bunch that'll ship out Friday and Saturday---you can pm your name you placed the order under/product ordered and tomorrow after 10am I'll get you the estimated ship date. I'll post up a bunch of pics as well---we sold close to 50 braces over the couple of days so it's been super busy to say the least. This is our busy season motorsports wise as everyone is trying to get ready for next year---we've got some great programs at the shop currently. Some rally/roadrace/time attack stuff that we're building/preparing. Busy busy busy!!!

Couple pics---here's Jose's 6 point, Joe's strut brace in black, Patrick's 6 point and strut in white, Steven's 4 point and strut in white, Jon's 2 point in white and a few others!!!

I just got my 6 point bar installed in my garage. I'll tell you what, out of Everything I have ever installed on this fiesta, this bar is by far #1 on my PITA list to get on. It was so tough to get the holes to line up. I was able to get the LCA and Big subframe bolts on with a fair amount of muscling, but the last 2 bolts in the rear were impossible to line up. I am certain I cross treaded both bolts trying to get them in. No amount of muscling the bar, trying to get it to bend to line up the holes helped, even with assistance of a second jack. I'll probably pull them in the future and drill and retap some bigger bolts in. Bar looks awesome though!

Glad it fit/you finally were able to get it on! We had one on Monday that was pretty tough as well---took us about a half hour on the lift which is double the normal install time for us (we've done quite a few now...). We learned a bit on this---the crossmembers on quite a few of the FWD cars are mounted on over size holes/bushings to allow some alignment and cancel vibrations. They're unfortunately not all in the same place while the holes in the frame rail/unibody are so things can get tight---we've opened up the holes a bit to compensate so that they'll fit every vehicle.

OP
D1JL

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #194
Jim,
I still want to do a belly pan.
This would adding corner gussets to my brace, flush to the bottom with nuts in them.
Is this something we can do?

Dave

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I just got my 6 point bar installed in my garage. I'll tell you what, out of Everything I have ever installed on this fiesta, this bar is by far #1 on my PITA list to get on. It was so tough to get the holes to line up. I was able to get the LCA and Big subframe bolts on with a fair amount of muscling, but the last 2 bolts in the rear were impossible to line up. I am certain I cross treaded both bolts trying to get them in. No amount of muscling the bar, trying to get it to bend to line up the holes helped, even with assistance of a second jack. I'll probably pull them in the future and drill and retap some bigger bolts in. Bar looks awesome though!
I put in the four bolts that the bracket lies flat against in, loosely, first, then lifted the a-arms up with a hysraulic jack, until they matched up with the bolt holes in the bracket.

For anyone else that is going to install this bracket themselves, if you have a hole in the bracket that does not match up after following this method, I suggest drilling the bracket hole oversize with a step drill to get a good fit. I would advise against forcing a bolt into a hole, to avoid cross threading the hole. If the bolt breaks, you have to drill it out. That becomes a mess real quick.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I got my 2 point second hand, installed it last night. My god, what a difference in "tightness" Highly recommended, seriously like Dave said its one of the best mods that can be done! I feel like its one of those things that should have came with the car!