Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Lowered and have terrible wear

if he has even wear across the tire and isn't looking for more performance (worse wear), then why camber bolts?

its hard to see through pictures but there's some uneven wear.

and from a monetary viewpoint an average alignment is ~$90-150. since we can only adjust front toe on our cars, youre paying the technician to unbolt 2 locknuts for that kind of money. so if you find a decent alignment shop that will adjust camber for you as well, youre definitely going to get your moneys worth being able to adjust camber & toe.

plus if you look at the specifications on the first post, he's on the higher end of the camber spec than in the middle of it, so he can theoretically get more positive camber and save his tires.

our cars are pretty lightweight as it is so theyre not terrible when it comes to tire wear. but yeah i dont know how drastic the results would be from changing camber on our car. I got camber bolts for performance since i believe our cars are meant to be driven hard and i wanted to get the most out of my vehicle. but YMMV

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Since the wear is on the outside and outside-center of the tires, reducing the negative camber or putting positive camber will only exacerbate the wear, not improve it.

Too much negative camber puts wear on the inside edge of the tire since that's what is touching when rolling straight down the road.