Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Lowering Springs question?

Really love the look of lowering springs, my buddy said that after awhile your shocks will eventually start to squeak if you use the stock ones because they are not made to ride that low. Is this true? If not is literally the only downside to lowering springs that the car may ride a tad rougher? - Thanks

me32

1000 Post Club
I would not do springs without doing better shocks. you will wear out the stock shocks very fast and end up with a shitty ride down the road. do it right the 1st time. springs an shocks at the same time

OP
K
Thread Starter #3
I would not do springs without doing better shocks. you will wear out the stock shocks very fast and end up with a shitty ride down the road. do it right the 1st time. springs an shocks at the same time
Dumb question, are coil overs a lot different than new shocks? If so what are some good sites to purchase shocks? I see coil overs all over the place.

me32

1000 Post Club
If you want to do just springs get something high quality that is meant to work with the stock suspension, such as eibach

OP
K
Thread Starter #6
If you want to do just springs get something high quality that is meant to work with the stock suspension, such as eibach
Well I want the aggressive look but not at the cost of messing up the original shocks.

me32

1000 Post Club
Well I want the aggressive look but not at the cost of messing up the original shocks.
You can do what you want. But I have been in the performance since 2000. Almost all cars stock come with shocks an struts that can't handle after market springs. The only 2 cars ford came out work with that can is 03/04 cobra an 13/14 gt500. Both came with Bilstien shocks an structs

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Dumb question, are coil overs a lot different than new shocks? If so what are some good sites to purchase shocks? I see coil overs all over the place.
Coilovers totally replace the springs and shocks with an all new set of springs and shocks.

Koni shocks are available at RockAuto or call ModBargains cos they can order you whatever even if it's not listed on the site.

Bilstein, Koni, Tokico...