Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Lsd feed back

I’m currently looking to purchase a lsd. I would like to hear feed back on the lsd options. Thanks in advance for the input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I added a Quaife LSD from Mountune back in July and it's the single most important mod for these cars, the only real way to use all the torque coming out of a corner, especially if you've added a tune (I'm on a stage 2 from Dizzy Tuning). I went with Quaife because they've been doing automatic torque biasing differentials since the 1980's, they are geared (not clutched), and they are the Ford factory option in Europe.

I had a local Ford dealer do the install - I'm handy with a wrench but this was beyond me. All together I invested just under $3k in parts and labor but it has been money well spent.

There have been good reviews for Quaife, Wavetrac and MFactory. Take your pick. I bought the MFactory because the thing is built like a brick shithouse and and has a lifetime warranty

I'm also curious wat lsd ppl have gone with. But it seems like one of those per preference type of mods. I've read up on all of them and they all have the same benefits each company just goes about it differently. I'm leaning towards the quafe. It's just a good bitore cost effective for me.

I agree great must have upgrade with AP tuner makes the car really come alive and planted. I'm going M-factory, Quaife is good too but few hundred more. Have one in my SVT Contour. Total cost not sure but 3K seems quite high. 3-4 hours labor max at $100 per plus $700 ish for the LSD. Am I missing something ?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I agree great must have upgrade with AP tuner makes the car really come alive and planted. I'm going M-factory, Quaife is good too but few hundred more. Have one in my SVT Contour. Total cost not sure but 3K seems quite high. 3-4 hours labor max at $100 per plus $700 ish for the LSD. Am I missing something ?
What did your shop quote you for this install??

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
[QUOTE="Guzzi1200SE, post: 380698, member: 9012" Total cost not sure but 3K seems quite high. 3-4 hours labor max at $100 per plus $700 ish for the LSD. Am I missing something ?[/QUOTE]

All in I was about $2k. Supporting the engine & dropping the tranny takes quite a bit of time. Fresh bolts & bearings cost a pretty penny as well.