Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

"LSD" option I can make happen and soon, read full post before commenting please:)

iso100

1000 Post Club
Good point about torque vectoring and a torque biasing diff. I thought though that it only used the rear wheels for that...

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Yeah the bearing are not that big of a deal once they are started i am just waiting to see the original one once i crack the case open to make sure they are the correct one.. Yes a engine hanger will be used here also my first time with one of them they look pretty easy to set up and I have the one back engine hanger loop for the drivers side of the engine that is not on the car. I am sure it isn't critical as you can attach to something else or whip up your own with a torch and a drill but again it was cheap and I figured one less thing to have to make..

I have thought of filtering the fluid too got some extra just incase though ;)

Yes the TV is always on though I am not clear whether it uses only rear or front and rear or only front brakes. Though I found out at drivers school last weekend at speed in the corner it all works if you forget to turn it off .. DUH.. lol I have read the Quaife ATB works well with ABS so here to hoping... straight line launch with a lsd should be better though as the power comes up with more Stage2 and 3 and the turbo upgrade looking like a real thing so it can't hurt.. well only hurt the pockect book some ;)

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
It would be great to compare the actual real world use, track, autocross, drag, etc....of the two different units we are using....if it turned out yours was better I would have to get one and to the job all over again though, that would suck.....a bunch!

I have parts I have already made for pulling engines, this will be quite a few FWD engines I have pulled, actually just going to lower this to see if I can get the transaxle off, hope so, no fluids to train except the box.

Using the engine hanger worked really well on other cars and if I have any issues I have a nice cherry picker and the car is on the lift making getting to everything far easier.

Air tools, cordless impact, lots of lighting, heated/cooled shop, incredible mountain views with the weather is nice, pretty spoiled here and more so as my wife is always cooking very tasty mostly organic, free range food for me......a blessed man indeed, that I am!

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
For some reason when I was searching for a service manual I only came up with really expensive ones, $500 on up, I would of bought the HELM for $170 and might if I can download it, I will check this AM.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
It would be great to compare the actual real world use, track, autocross, drag, etc....of the two different units we are using....if it turned out yours was better I would have to get one and to the job all over again though, that would suck.....a bunch!

I have parts I have already made for pulling engines, this will be quite a few FWD engines I have pulled, actually just going to lower this to see if I can get the transaxle off, hope so, no fluids to train except the box.

Using the engine hanger worked really well on other cars and if I have any issues I have a nice cherry picker and the car is on the lift making getting to everything far easier.

Air tools, cordless impact, lots of lighting, heated/cooled shop, incredible mountain views with the weather is nice, pretty spoiled here and more so as my wife is always cooking very tasty mostly organic, free range food for me......a blessed man indeed, that I am!
Oh man now you are just rubbing it in .. LOL all I got is a couple of milk cows some cheese and really thick air down here in the flatlands ;) LOL too funny :)

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
Throw your parts, CD and any specialty tools in the back of your car and head to Utah, we could knock out two cars in the time to do one by ourselves;)

----------------

Way back in the day, like 71 or so, I swapped engines in a really clean 53 5 window chevy pickup using a overhead rack I built from scrap lumber, a come-along and in 2 ft of snow with the barest of tools.

In 68, first car, 53 Willies Aerofalcon, I dropped the trans on my chest, cast iron 3 speed with overdrive, miles away from anybody, in a shop, nobody knew I was there. I was suffocating more with each breath I took, pinned under the car, it took every ounce of whatever I had in me to get free, very bruised but lesson learned.

More funny that anything, 72 or 73, finally had a garage, bought my first house, pulled the engine out of my 510 to install a built 2 liter, took off all the suspension, sub frames, interior was already gutted except dash and two seats, it was my street car, drove it all over like that, all winter, no heat, etc...did some local little ralleys, lots of autocross, etc...anyway the car weighed nothing, I leaned on it and it just went sideways right off the jackstands....it was a pain to get back on them though with one bottle jack. I had bolted and screwed two 2x12's to the rafters to use to pull the engine using the same come-along but I had a few more tools finally, nothing powered though.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
LOL that sounds like Us pulling the 400 out of the old trans am we had to drop in a built 350 chevy motor then a few other tricks of the day too to get the front end lower all hanging from a old high line cross beam on a couple of barn poles in my dads machine shed .. and we lived .. LOL