Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Magnus the Magnetic

OP
DaleFredriks
Thread Starter #21
It's been 3 weeks since installing the Mountune radiator and man oh man it's been amazing. Tested it with a couple hard canyon runs (still with heater blowing) and it made so much difference. But I didn't realize just how much difference it was until I took it to the track (Streets of Willow Springs) last Friday for an afternoon-evenign session. Was 103° during the first 3 hours of the event, and although there were a couple times the factory temp gauge showed it being maxed out in the acceptable range, I backed off for a lap or so, temps dropped then I'd get another 10 or so full strength laps before having to do it again. Compared to the stock system which another FiST owner on site said he only gets MAX of 2 hot laps before the car goes into limp mode. I also had bought some Hawk 5.0 performance street brake pads that I planned to use on the track, but never got around to installing, and I was extremely impressed by the braking performance of the stock units.

OP
DaleFredriks
Thread Starter #22
On another note, I need somebody to convince me whether to just pull the trigger on the Thermal exhaust from Ron or wait for a solid used option like a Cobb for a lot cheaper. With the forum discount from whoosh the Thermal is $669, but I should be able to get a used setup for well below $500...Is the Thermal really worth all the extra money for sound, fit and quality?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
On another note, I need somebody to convince me whether to just pull the trigger on the Thermal exhaust from Ron or wait for a solid used option like a Cobb for a lot cheaper. With the forum discount from whoosh the Thermal is $669, but I should be able to get a used setup for well below $500...Is the Thermal really worth all the extra money for sound, fit and quality?
$669 is cheap they used to cost more. In fact I would have to look it up but I know I paid more for mine. I would say for that price buy it.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm taking for granted your car came with the much more track capable 'summer' pads because you had the 050 B-stones from the factory, correct?

OP
DaleFredriks
Thread Starter #25
I'm taking for granted your car came with the much more track capable 'summer' pads because you had the 050 B-stones from the factory, correct?
I didn't know there was any difference in the brakes from factory based on the tires, but yes I did have the summer tires stock.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I didn't know there was any difference in the brakes from factory based on the tires, but yes I did have the summer tires stock.
Yes, if one takes a car to the track, which came from the factory with the all seasons (like mine), you will glaze, over heat and burn up those more 'pedestrian' pads, and get major fade MUCH sooner than with the pads that came on the summer 'stones equipped cars. [:(]

OP
DaleFredriks
Thread Starter #27
Couple of updates to add from the last 2 months. I bought the Mountune lowering springs on their summer sale and pulled the trigger on the Thermal R&D catback with whoosh exhaust hangers. The Thermal is definitely the one with the largest impact on the car, the added sound it makes made me fall in love with the car again. As fas as the springs go, they've definitely settled down from when first installed, and they've grown on me a little bit more than initially, but I'm still not sure if I wanna go a bit lower or not.

View attachment CollageMaker_20200822_161238701.jpg