Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mag's 2019 TrAcK iNsPiReD Orange Spice Build Thread

OP
MagnetiseST

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #21
Any reviews on the Koni oranges paired with swift springs? Any drone with the greddy exhaust? Love the setup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I swapped out the Koni orange rears for yellows (I have Koni yellows all the way around now). The orange is fine for daily duty but not for tracking or anything beyond spirited street driving in my opinion.

Well with the big turbo it has a deeper tone, but no it doesn't drone. Not like an MBRP or a straight pipe. I actually really enjoy how it sounds, get loads of compliments.

OP
MagnetiseST

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #23
OP updated, re-stylized, new photos added. I can give impressions of the coilovers if anyone wants to hear that as well.

OP
MagnetiseST

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #25
yes would love to hear about them Fortune has come a long way from the days when they started in the drift world making shocks for 240sx’s.
yes they have, they're pretty awesome these days. Review below :)

So I’ll start by saying that these are not like the OTS BC or other variant coilovers. Yes they might look similar and function similar, but I truly believe Fortune comes out on top for anything in a comparable price range. From the customer service to the finished product, everything is super awesome. The finish on the parts its really nice, nothing “felt” cheap. Nothing was broken in box, all pieces were present.

Install is just like doing springs, but easier in some ways and harder in others. The fronts you adjust pre-load off the car and then install. Unlike other brands the pre load is set with an allen key / locking collar, then adjust your ride height and install. Mine have the camber plates (a new feature, and I believe I am the second person to even possess a set), I made sure this was set to 0 for now to break in and drive around on, I’ll be setting it to -1.5* soon. The rears are fun since you have to guess at ride height and then install / jack up the rear axle beam to install the shock. On a car with an independent rear suspension you would set ride height on the springs and then lower the car with no shocks to adjust it, but not with the Fiesta. After install I put all 4 dampers in the middle of their adjustment (12 clicks).

I have not yet done an alignment for one. I also got 8k front springs and 6k rears at the behest of another member with a track focused car. Granted mine is my daily but I don’t mind the stiffness of the suspension. I have adjusted the fronts to 17 clicks (stiff) and the rear to 15 clicks (stiff) to even out the ride. Initially the rear was very tight and hit hard over bumps but after adjusting the shock length a little and driving around a lot they’ve improved. Handling is similar to having linear springs but with almost no body roll. The car is planted and not going to wobble from side to side anymore. Under hard braking it does not nose dive as hard, and I’ve noticed that I have much less wheel hop in wet conditions (the car feels more stable in the rain as well, not sure how related that is though)

I still have some adjusting to do, as well as deciding if I need the RSB with these coils or if the torsion beam brace would be better for me. I like the way the car drives over the Konis and Swifts that I had, but I really need to take the car to an event and see how it performs in a controlled environment. I’ve noticed an improvement on the street though, even just cornering fast is improved. Flat inputs, car doesn’t tilt over. Behaviors I expected from coils but also I am just overall very pleased with the quality of the parts. Once it sees track duty I’ll have more to say about them.