Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Maxton diffuser install

Hey guys I just received my Maxton Design read valence (diffuser) and it says on the piece to look up the instruction info for installation on their site but they do not have any instructions there apart for a Golf R. Has anyone had experience installing one of these before? I posted a pic as well. image.jpg image.jpg

OP
GreyfiST
Thread Starter #3
Unfortunately not, I actually found a video online for the kit but the guy just retrofits it by drilling holes in the diffuser then drilling holes in the oem bumper. I wish the company gave any advice for where
I should drill the holes or if there is a specific method I should be doing.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
How about dimples? E.g, I bought a carbon fiber trunk lid for my previous car and nothing was pre-drilled -- but there were dimples, sometimes hard to recognize; maybe they're imprinted on the inside rather than the outside?

In any case, I'd think I'd want the attachment points near the "fins" and then on each of the most forward edges (which aren't visible in the picture) 1575950020298.png

koozy

3000 Post Club
take the OE one off and it will be apparent where you need to drill. The OE until has only 2 holes on each end for pop rivets. You will need to drill out the rivets. The middle part is friction fit. No need to take the whole bumper off, you can remove the rear lower valance only. This is the only photo I have right now.

a.jpg

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Hey guys I just received my Maxton Design read valence (diffuser) and it says on the piece to look up the instruction info for installation on their site but they do not have any instructions there apart for a Golf R. Has anyone had experience installing one of these before? I posted a pic as well. View attachment 25985 View attachment 25986
I wish you luck
the front and rear bumper as well as rear hatch are different from the US to EU Fiesta
We had to basically start from scratch with Kruise Sport for the rear smooth panel. The front upper grills are not interchangeable either using Zunsport as example
You may have luck modding it to fit. I'm anxious to see if you can.
We are a maxton dealer and purposely don't have this item listed due to fitment

koozy

3000 Post Club
A guy on here already installed one ~2 years ago, slight tweak to get it on apparently, but got it on.

It’s the same deal for the front splitter, not really designed around the USDM bumper cover, but can be made to fit.

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk