Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

LaserWhisperer

Haha, looks cool. I get the impression they look nice at freeway speeds from expressions I've seen from other people but I can't say for sure as I've never seen my wheels spin since I'm always driving, lol.

Have you driven them yet?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
At the time of posting that pic, I only drove from my garage to my apartment, maybe 1/4 mile.
They drove really smoothly this morning, I tested them against a set of railroad tracks that usually rattles my brain with the stock wheels. The 50 profile I think was just enough to dampen the bumps without compromising much in stability.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
The higher profile doesn't really make it unstable, it just has a potential to reduce turnin response. If you notice a reduction in turnin, I've found that adjusting the air pressure (typically a slight increase) usually helps a bit in that regard.

At the time of posting that pic, I only drove from my garage to my apartment, maybe 1/4 mile.
They drove really smoothly this morning, I tested them against a set of railroad tracks that usually rattles my brain with the stock wheels. The 50 profile I think was just enough to dampen the bumps without compromising much in stability.

LaserWhisperer

Thanks, neeq.

That's what I was meaning to say. I noticed my 595EVOs on my stock wheels have a tendency to be a bit squishy on turn in. The Azenis are nice and firm :)

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Yes, I wanted to keep it under $100 a tire. I was leaning toward bfg sport comp 2’s since I’ve always heard them being mentioned on the forum.
They're not bad but for a daily driver (unless you plan other loud mods ie exhaust, catback, etc.) they may be on the noisy side and they don't absorb bumps as well as several other tires.

My apologies for assuming the Continental was under $100. It's unfortunately not. But I rechecked 205/50/15 and the nitto neo gen is also a highly recommended tire. It's currently going for $77 each.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
No problem LW.

Don't forget to adjust the air pressure before you write off a tire. Believe it or not, that slight adjustment can sometimes make a significant difference in the feel.

Thanks, neeq.

That's what I was meaning to say. I noticed my 595EVOs on my stock wheels have a tendency to be a bit squishy on turn in. The Azenis are nice and firm :)

Does 205/45/17 count as a meaty setup? The Indy 500s are really Square. I just did a 450km today and the grip available is insane for the price. Way better than the pilot sport a/s 3+.

Stock suspension.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Given that the Indy 500s are 340 tread wear, pure summer tires, I certainly HOPE that they out-grip the 500 tread wear all season PS AS/3s!

GAbOS

Tread wear rating doesn't mean jack anymore. Hell 200 tw tires outgrip stock 140tw tires by a mile
The 200's tend to be the autox cheater since they can't go below 200 for the rules so I wouldn't say 200 tread wear tires use the same testing or scale to measure actual tread wear like a 300 or up.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The 200's tend to be the autox cheater since they can't go below 200 for the rules so I wouldn't say 200 tread wear tires use the same testing or scale to measure actual tread wear like a 300 or up.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
^^^THIS!!
Also, some claim that the 300 tread wear Pilot Super Sports grip as great as, or even better than some of the 200 tread wear class of autocross 'specials'.

My point was more to the comparing of pure summer tires' grip, to all season tires' grip, which so many do, and think that they are interchangeable.
THEY ARE NOT, as they are two 'completely different animals' altogether! ;)

They're not bad but for a daily driver (unless you plan other loud mods ie exhaust, catback, etc.) they may be on the noisy side and they don't absorb bumps as well as several other tires.

My apologies for assuming the Continental was under $100. It's unfortunately not. But I rechecked 205/50/15 and the nitto neo gen is also a highly recommended tire. It's currently going for $77 each.

Sent from my LG-H918
I do have a COBB cat back exhaust that I haven’t installed yet. But the nitto neo gen seems like a good tire choice for the price. Thanks for the info!

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I do have a COBB cat back exhaust that I haven’t installed yet. But the nitto neo gen seems like a good tire choice for the price. Thanks for the info!
No problem at all. If you get them let us know how you like them.

Does 205/45/17 count as a meaty setup? The Indy 500s are really Square. I just did a 450km today and the grip available is insane for the price. Way better than the pilot sport a/s 3+.

Stock suspension.

Low profile tires look good but living with them everyday can be a pain. Does the slightly larger profile make a very noticeable difference (better)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Low profile tires look good but living with them everyday can be a pain. Does the slightly larger profile make a very noticeable difference (better)?

Are them a 205/45R17? [party] NVM I Totally missed it. They looking good!

Absolutely! I feel like the car is still as sharp but more compliant. I still do my prayers to not hit a pothole and cringe every time I do. I've done some highway lately and it is definitely less bouncy (depending on the road conditions) but it doesn't solve the problem 100%.

I hated the 17s with the stock size, with these I'm starting to like them once again. I was forced to buy these because I had a bubble on one of my tires. Ideally I would have gone to 16inch for more sidewall, but this is a good middle ground between stock size and my 15 inch winters.

I'll be ordering a set of Dunlop Direzza Z3s in 225/45/16 next week. I'll try to remember to update here with fitment findings and pictures. Also, please forgive the brake dust coated wheels, EBC Yellowstuff is one of the dustiest pads I've ever used, but boy do they bite.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Dustier than oem pads?
I'll be ordering a set of Dunlop Direzza Z3s in 225/45/16 next week. I'll try to remember to update here with fitment findings and pictures. Also, please forgive the brake dust coated wheels, EBC Yellowstuff is one of the dustiest pads I've ever used, but boy do they bite.