Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I personally think that they look outright WICKED in black!! [twothumb] [:)]

Even though I am not a big fan of stretch, those DO look GREAT, especially with the flares, and the aforementioned concave spokes!!

I personally think that they look outright WICKED in black!! [twothumb] [:)]

Even though I am not a big fan of stretch, those DO look GREAT, especially with the flares, and the aforementioned concave spokes!!
Thanks! and Ya I'm not a huge stretch fan either but the new RT660 tire runs rather wide for a 205 so the fitment to stretch ratio is acceptable for me lol close-up.jpg

ronmcdon

Thanks! and Ya I'm not a huge stretch fan either but the new RT660 tire runs rather wide for a 205 so the fitment to stretch ratio is acceptable for me lol
do you think you could have run closer to 225's without rubbing?

I have the regular 16x8 rpf1's +38 w/ 205/50 Dunlop Z3's no rubbing. If the flares would allow me to run 225/45 Z3's, no rubbing, would definitely consider getting the flares.

Hell would love to run 17x9s klutch ml7 +30 w/ 235 or 245/40 Z3 tires with flares, no rubbing, but that's probably a pipe dream.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^You've got to remember that kneapolitan is running 15" diameter RPF1s, so everything is 1" lower in overall diameter.

Yes, for just actual width, on an 8" wide wheel, with that ET, he could possibly extrapolate any WIDTH rubbing issues, but not height ones. [wink]

do you think you could have run closer to 225's without rubbing?

I have the regular 16x8 rpf1's +38 w/ 205/50 Dunlop Z3's no rubbing. If the flares would allow me to run 225/45 Z3's, no rubbing, would definitely consider getting the flares.

Hell would love to run 17x9s klutch ml7 +30 w/ 235 or 245/40 Z3 tires with flares, no rubbing, but that's probably a pipe dream.
I could easily fit a 225 if I purchased different offset wheels, the space is there. But I couldnt with this setup just because the effective offset is too low to clear that wide of a tire.

When the time comes, i'll probably just purchase another pair of wheels to run a 225. I really like running a 205/50 square setup for tire longevity right now

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I could easily fit a 225 if I purchased different offset wheels, the space is there. But I couldnt with this setup just because the effective offset is too low to clear that wide of a tire.

When the time comes, i'll probably just purchase another pair of wheels to run a 225. I really like running a 205/50 square setup for tire longevity right now

225s would look INSANE on that car with the flares! [twothumb] [driving]

Your vehicle looks great, that is the stance that I'm looking for! , Thanks for sharing.

Ok, so I'm joining the Meaty Tire Club in a few months when I get new summer wheels and tires. Follow my logic and tell me if you think these will fit.

I'm going down to OZ Ultraleggera 15x7 42mm wheels.

According to the tire size calculator I'm looking at,

The top of the tire
to the fender well is:
6mm Farther

The inner sidewall to the suspension and frame is:
4.5mm Closer

The outer sidewall is:
15.5mm Farther Out

So since the tire is 23.0" tall instead of the 23.5" stock tire, it will be a bit farther from the top of the fender well, which is good because I have Whiteline 1.25" lowering springs, and I'm rubbing a little bit with my winter 23.7" tall tires (195/50/16).

I'm thinking the fitment will be fine, just a tiny bit closer to the suspension (4.5mm) and then stick out a little over half an inch (15.5mm) farther than the stock wheels, which doesn't seem like much. I definitely don't want the Mexican Stance look.

What say ye?

PS: I realize the wheels are a bit on the narrow side for a 225, but the wheel width recommendation is 7.0-8.5", so I should be fine. Should also give it a little extra meatiness to the look with the tires being almost an inch wider on each side than the wheels. Mmmm…extra meaty....

Last edited:

O.Z. Ultraleggera 15x7.0 & Toyo Proxes R1R 225/45/15

I love them so much.
Looks really good!

Makes me wish I'd gone down to 15's (instead of 16).

I've been thinking about going down to 15 or 16s since the city roads in LA are all over the place and it hurts my soul every time I hit a deep crack/pothole in the city :cry:

Last edited:
Yeah I've got a good bit more sidewall and I can definitely feel it. From 3.2" to 4.0".

Although the tires are 23.0" tall compared to stock 23.5" so I lost another quarter inch of ground clearance. :/

Gonna have to replace the DNA Racing front subframe bar. I'm scraping it about once every 20-30 miles.

Finally got ahold of some TD 1.2 in 15x8 with 225/45/15 RS4's Rides better looks better performance is better a fuk ton of win going on! Thx guys!

Attachments