Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MGrizzard's build thread

Bought my FiST at the end of February. Upgraded from a 2002 Hyundai Accent. Was so excited to buy my first new car.

I've been into cars since I was younger but now that I own a car it's a whole different feeling. I did maintenance and small stuff on my old car but never any mods because that would have been a waste of $$. So everything I'm doing is a learning experience with this car.

I started with the Cobb RMM install because it was almost painful to feel so much movement from the engine while shifting. Got the Focus ST Carbon Fiber Shift Knob as my first interior mod. Tint was next, probably could have went darker but chose lighter tint to lessen chance of cop issues.

What I've done thus far:
? Cobb Rear Motor Mount
? %35 Tint
? Focus ST Carbon Fiber Shift Knob
? MBRP 3inch Catback Exhaust
? DIY $3 Symposer Delete
? TFB Designs Black Badges with Red OEM font

What I plan on doing:
? Yellow Fog Lights(Cheesy but looks great)
? Coilovers
? Wheels(undecided on which ones)
? Mountune or Triple R Front Splitter
? Accessport
? Downpipe
? FMIC
? Short Shifter
? Enjoy the car

fST

Hmm...did you just get your windows tinted at D&L this past Saturday? I bet that's you isn't it!? I'm the one with the white one you saw at D&L.

I think the 35% looked nice!

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
Hmm...did you just get your windows tinted at D&L this past Saturday? I bet that's you isn't it!? I'm the one with the white one you saw at D&L.

I think the 35% looked nice!
I knew I'd find you somewhere haha. Are you in the MD ST Club group on FaceBook? Did you get 35% tint or darker?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

fST

I knew I'd find you somewhere haha. Are you in the MD ST Club group on FaceBook? Did you get 35% tint or darker?

I'm not in any FB group. I actually got a 33% tint from somewhere else just yesterday. I was at D&L for a clear bra estimate. $1400 for full frontal, $700 for partial.

OP
M
Thread Starter #5
I'm not in any FB group. I actually got a 33% tint from somewhere else just yesterday. I was at D&L for a clear bra estimate. $1400 for full frontal, $700 for partial.
Out of curiosity do you have any issues with tint not sticking well to the black edge(dot matrix) of your triangle windows? I'm having that issue.

fST

Out of curiosity do you have any issues with tint not sticking well to the black edge(dot matrix) of your triangle windows? I'm having that issue.
I'll check it out. I'm not sure. I just got it tinted on Tuesday and it's been garaged since while I've been driving my other car. I was going to inspect the tint over the weekend when I get a chance. I'm getting clear bra put on by D&L tomorrow.

OP
M
Thread Starter #7
Got a delivery Friday night. MBRP 3in Catback.

Out with the old, in with the new.

With help from my brother-in-law everything went together well.

OP
M
Thread Starter #11
Did a DIY symposer delete. Bought a Dorman Rubber Expansion Plug from Pep Boys for $2.99. I pulled the hose off of the symposer and tightened the plug into the hole in the symposer. Once I got it tight so it doesn't move, I replaced the hose back over it.

It actually helped diminish a lot of my exhaust drone I was getting with the MBRP catback. I'll try and edit a picture in of what I did when it isn't raining.

OP
M
Thread Starter #12

Bought the emblem overlays to cover up the, in my opinion, terrible blue Ford badges. Turned out pretty good. I tried to apply them like a regular sticker with a spray bottle of water & dish soap to make them easier to move. I realized that they do not stick whatsoever when they are wet so I had to let them dry first. [emoji12]

I have a few paint chips as well that I ordered the OEM Motorcraft touch up paint for.

That's on my driver door. Down to the metal. I hate construction on highways. I'll update with my touch up progress.

Congrats on the first new car - that's a great feeling! Based on the current and future mods list, no doubt you will be loving the FiST! Accessport is definitely a popular one and for a good reason

OP
M
Thread Starter #14
**LONG WINDED POST YE BE WARNED**

So on October 5th my girlfriend and I celebrated 4 years together and one of our activities for the day was to drive to Skyline Drive. It was an amazing experience and a lovely road.

It was amazing.

Then fast forward to October 7th at about 2:30PM. My girlfriend and I come out to run some errands and I notice my drivers side mirror is pushed up. I get closer to find this.

A hit and run. Long story to what I think happened as we had a witness nearby who said it just happened. They described a white Hyundai Elantra hit it. Cops come. Cops leave. White Sonata pulls up next to me as I'm walking to my house. He's got the darkest tint I've ever seen and he's missing his passenger side mirror and has some black scuffs. Cops do nothing when I tell them. Car stays for an hour. Cops take an hour an five minutes to get back so they miss them. Then repeat that again an hour later.

Plates on the car are unregistered so it is probably stolen.

Fast forward to October 24th. Progressive Service Center has had my car almost two weeks at their recommended body shop. They call me to come pick it up. I show up and the work looks good from a distance. My agent and I start looking closer. To find some of this damage. Rubber trims loose, gouged plastic trim, door insulation sticking out of the window, gap in my mirror cap, scratches on the door trim, dirt in the paint, my rear driver's door window button looks as if it was beaten with a screwdriver, rear driver's wheel not even touched let alone repaired. Terrible, careless work.

When the agent pulled my car around he heard a scratching noise on the passenger side while turning. Shop came and found the fender liner loose on the passenger side. They didn't work on that side so they brushed it off as not their fault. I assume someone was hooning in my car a little. Anyways. Some pictures of their work below.

Now it's back with the shop so they can correct what they have done. I'm not trying to get over on them. I told them what damages were on my car before the accident. Just curb rash on the front passenger wheel and a rock chip on my driver's door but they replaced the door panel anyways. Everything else on the driver's side is related to the hit and run. I'm supposed to get the car back tomorrow. Hopefully I can update with good news.

OP
M
Thread Starter #15
Also, here's some new pictures I've taken before the accident.

Badges ooooo

Freshly cleaned from October 5th

Stormy.

OP
M
Thread Starter #16
Update time. Looked at the FiST for the second time. Everything looked good besides a weather stripping on my rear driver's door was ripped. No big deal. They ordered it and will call me when it's in.

Drove for 10 minutes and then wrench light popped up. Freaked out for a second and pulled over. Pretty sure it was for my oil but I've changed it a few times since I've owned it. Did the reset steps correctly, I think. Push the start without using the brake. Hold the brake and gas for 30 seconds. But it didn't give me any messages. Turned it back on and the light was off. Been off since.

My tweeter speaker wasn't hooked up either but I popped it out and hooked it up. Easy 5 minute fix.

Overall, the experience was super stressful. They went above and beyond to fix it and even returned some of my deductible. All good so far.

Update time. Looked at the FiST for the second time. Everything looked good besides a weather stripping on my rear driver's door was ripped. No big deal. They ordered it and will call me when it's in.

Drove for 10 minutes and then wrench light popped up. Freaked out for a second and pulled over. Pretty sure it was for my oil but I've changed it a few times since I've owned it. Did the reset steps correctly, I think. Push the start without using the brake. Hold the brake and gas for 30 seconds. But it didn't give me any messages. Turned it back on and the light was off. Been off since.

My tweeter speaker wasn't hooked up either but I popped it out and hooked it up. Easy 5 minute fix.

Overall, the experience was super stressful. They went above and beyond to fix it and even returned some of my deductible. All good so far.

Sent from my SM-G930T
Ah man so horrible; I would be so frustrated....MD my old home state say hi to White Marsh and BelAir for me!