Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

midrange all-season tire advice (Toyo Proxes Sport A/S) ?

Hi Guys! I just got Toyo Proxes Sport A/S tires on my Fiesta ST, and I feel like the cornering experience is softer and less railed than it was with my old worn down milestar tires. I've gotten the car fairly recently and I've only driven it with worn down all-seasons and Blizzak's, so I can't exactly tell if the Toyo Proxes are too sloshy for my wants or if that's just how the car is supposed to feel at the higher cornering limits. I'd appreciate any advice from people who've used Toyo Proxes or a similar midrange a/s tire. I get that an all-season tire is always a compromise, but if there's another option that gives me more of that tight and responsive cornering feel for around $100 per tire I'd love to hear about it. I'm on stock 17/7" wheels.

Sam4

For a hundred bucks each - you better steal something nice off the street. 100+MPH on $100 tire equals scary.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The Nitto Neo Gens are in that price range, and even though they look like a max performance summer tire (as far as tread pattern goes), they are M&S/all season rated.

BUT, I would NOT expect to go very far with them on the car, especially up hills/mountains, in any snow deeper than a quarter inch deep, if that's a concern/need for you.

They are very good in standing water, and Nitto has told me that the compound, albeit 280 tread wear rated, will not freeze/crystalize until the temps go below ~10*F.

Last edited:
OP
ethanjds
Thread Starter #4
For a hundred bucks each - you better steal something nice off the street. 100+MPH on $100 tire equals scary.
I thought it seemed cheap but they're rated for 168mph, and looks like most of the tire shops selling them charge like $150+ per tire so I thought they should be decent.

OP
ethanjds
Thread Starter #5
The Nitto Neo Gens are in that price range, and even though they look like a max performance summer tire (as far as tread pattern goes), they are M&S/all season rated.

BUT, I would NOT expect to go very far with them on the car, especially up hills/mountains, in any snow deeper than a quarter inch deep. if that's a concern/need for you.

They are very good in standing water, and Nitto has told me that the compound, albeit 280 tread wear rated, will not freeze/crystalize until the temps go below ~10*F.
Have you driven with the Neo Gens on your car? At this point i'm more concerned with steering and cornering feel than I am with snow traction, I just wanted something that wouldn't be super sketchy in rain and maybe an occasional unexpected snow that hits before I get my blizzaks on.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
My daily driver Dekagrams have 205/50-16 Neo Gens on them.

Even with the 50 series sidewalls, they respond, and grip, better than I ever would have expected, but I do keep the pressures up higher than most on here could/would tolerate.

I've never had a problem with them in the rain, even going through deep standing water at highway speeds.

I have had them out in very light snow (like 1/8" on the road), and they did way better than I expected, given their max summer performance style tread pattern.

Sam4

I thought it seemed cheap but they're rated for 168mph, and looks like most of the tire shops selling them charge like $150+ per tire so I thought they should be decent.
Aiite - I'm going there.....I think a mfg'r can get the mould to say anything it wants - $100 tire - z rated, $150? Y rated. Yea China!!

BUT, I would NOT expect to go very far with them on the car, especially up hills/mountains, in any snow deeper than a quarter inch deep, if that's a concern/need for you.

These were on my fist when I got it and I found them shockingly good for the price.