Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mikes evil fist

OP
M
Thread Starter #21
Imo. No factory boost controller works as good as an electronic aftermarket. Oem spike,taper,bounce around due to outside temps. Which cause inconsistencies. Pro tune or not. I haven't seen boost be consistent with oe hardware

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Imo. No factory boost controller works as good as an electronic aftermarket. Oem spike,taper,bounce around due to outside temps. Which cause inconsistencies. Pro tune or not. I haven't seen boost be consistent with oe hardware
Ok, just curious. When I had my subaru tuned with EFI Logics, boost was pretty stable and hardly fluctuated or spiked, but then again, temps were not as bad as they are here in the oven that is Central Florida. Maybe once I've upgraded my turbo I'll eventually get the TruBoost. Always liked the fact that it was a gauge and boost controller in one.. Thanks

You do realize a dyno dynamic is about as accurate as a vdyno? Should probably go put it on a Dynojet to make sure those #'s are close

OP
M
Thread Starter #26
Oh god this again...... the dynamic is set to read like a dynojet. I had it dynoed on both different dynos same day. Why are you people so butt hurt over my numbers ? It just blows my mind..... maybe if it said like 450hp or some crap.....

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Oh god this again...... the dynamic is set to read like a dynojet. I had it dynoed on both different dynos same day. Why are you people so butt hurt over my numbers ? It just blows my mind..... maybe if it said like 450hp or some crap.....
You can't win on teh internets because everyone knows everything.

Have you done any track time with it?

From my perspective, no one is butthurt(save you) over your numbers. I simply laid out a well-tested plan for internet salvation, to which you reacted strongly(poorly)...in the case of my post. Your reactions to other posts put me in the mind of a person who's been through some ridicule before. Maybe work on your delivery a bit?

No one has called you out, other than requesting pictures.

Nobody's butthurt. Wheres the Dynojet graph? Can you post that too?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
LOL unless your weighing your car every run and know for a fact the road is bumpless and flat there is no right way to do a vdyno. They dont mean anything
When I was on my stock turbo my vDyno was only a couple numbers lower that stock. Also, you'd have to swing A LOT of weight to have it make a difference. As in 500lbs *maybe* make a 10hp difference. This has been hashed out at length here on the forums so if you don't want to believe the science/math behind it, that's fine with me. I won't argue with you.

[MENTION=2712]mikeST[/MENTION]
How does it drive? I see 200lbft at 4550rpm on your posted graph, is that correct? What's your plans for your FiST? Any track/quarter mile racing? Thanks...

When I was on my stock turbo my vDyno was only a couple numbers lower that stock. Also, you'd have to swing A LOT of weight to have it make a difference. As in 500lbs *maybe* make a 10hp difference. This has been hashed out at length here on the forums so if you don't want to believe the science/math behind it, that's fine with me. I won't argue with you.
Im not saying its not a good tuning tool all I'm saying is for absolute #'s you cant rely on a vdyno

OP
M
Thread Starter #34
How does it drive? I see 200lbft at 4550rpm on your posted graph, is that correct? What's your plans for your FiST? Any track/quarter mile racing? Thanks...
Yeah, my power band is awful there. But I'm also trying to stay away from pure wheel spin. I've changed a few things up since the dyno pull and yes I plan on tracking it. but only have 1/8th mile local. And my plans are to squeeze as much out of my setup without spending like 3800 on others.

OP
M
Thread Starter #35
And driving is no issue.

Yeah, my power band is awful there. But I'm also trying to stay away from pure wheel spin. I've changed a few things up since the dyno pull and yes I plan on tracking it. but only have 1/8th mile local. And my plans are to squeeze as much out of my setup without spending like 3800 on others.
I've was on the fence about getting a big turbo but I've done the "wait for it, wait for it, oh shit THERE it is!" boosted 4 before. I'm going with the cyborg set up because of the broad torque curve Sourskittle has graphs on (I think he hit 354lbft at 4500rpms). Take a look at maperformance (Adam) with his e-tuning, he's hitting good numbers with stock stuff. 330whp has to be a hoot regardless where it hits! Do you have an LSD in your ST?

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
I've was on the fence about getting a big turbo but I've done the "wait for it, wait for it, oh shit THERE it is!" boosted 4 before. I'm going with the cyborg set up because of the broad torque curve Sourskittle has graphs on (I think he hit 354lbft at 4500rpms). Take a look at maperformance (Adam) with his e-tuning, he's hitting good numbers with stock stuff. 330whp has to be a hoot regardless where it hits! Do you have an LSD in your ST?
Same here. I didn't buy a FiST because I wanted to make s ton of Hp. I bought it because it handles great and is a hoot to drive. I too am going with Sourskittle's cyborg set up. Want to maintain street drivability but increase power and make it last till 7K. Not criticizing MikeST's or anyone else's set up, just voicing my opinion on what I'm looking to get out of my car. Happy modding to all.

me32

1000 Post Club
LOL unless your weighing your car every run and know for a fact the road is bumpless and flat there is no right way to do a vdyno. They dont mean anything
I agree. There not accurate. Too many variables.