Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Milltek US exhaust fitment....it's coming :)

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
We've been working with a few UK exhaust companies to tailor their exhausts to fit the US Fiesta ST model perfectly.
Milltek is the first of the group that have produced a kit. It's here in Vegas now for fitment confirmation.

Stay tuned for the pics, sound clips, and explanation of differences in the next few days

SST

no wonder why my Miltek tip is hiding, thought my installer did something wrong.

Ron, is the difference just long tips? can that be purchase alone? i can always use some new tips : )

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I notice this is the non-resonated version. Is this the Sport version that is quieter or the Race version? I have been eyeing the Sport/Resonated version for a long time as an opportunity to get a very quiet aftermarket exhaust. What are your opinions of this unit compared to the Thermal?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #14
I notice this is the non-resonated version. Is this the Sport version that is quieter or the Race version? I have been eyeing the Sport/Resonated version for a long time as an opportunity to get a very quiet aftermarket exhaust. What are your opinions of this unit compared to the Thermal?
this kit is the non-res race
I've heard the non-res standard kit and it's almost too quiet
adding the resonator would make the kit sound like stock

Thermal is a great kit, always will be for a 3" kit with no drone. My current set up with the whoosh V2 catless and this non-resonated race kit is the best sound to ever come from my orange car. Sound clip is posted on my facebook page
I've installed a Milltek, Cobra, and Thermal in the past few weeks. Have to say the Cobra gets my vote for best fit and finish
The Milltek and Thermal both fit well with no issues. I just prefer flanges to bolt exhaust together vs the slip fit of the Milltek and sleeve clamps of the Thermal.
Milltek wins for options as they have the race or standard muffler, with or without resonator, and 4 tip styles
polished, true titanium, cerakote black, and carbon fiber

Unfortunately:
C.Any part of theexhaust system beyond (downstream from) the last catalytic converter, if so equipped, may be substituted or removed provided the system exits the car in the original location and meets the requirements of Section 3.3.3.B.16, Section 3.5 and Appendix I where applicable.

Damn, I'm no help today. Eitherway, I'm running the Cobb catback and looking to replace it. I'm hopefully the Milltek comes in light.