Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Minimal supporting mods for Hybrid turbo

Magnetic

Hi All,

Let me start by saying it’s my daily commuter car. I’m not trying to exact every bit of horsepower. I’d just like something a little more fun but mainly reliable.

Currently, the car is stock with just panel filter and Dizzy Stage 1 tune. I am contemplating upgrading to this very basic setup;

Whoosh Hybrid Turbo
FMIC
Catted Downpipe

The goal would be maybe 230-240 whp on 93??? Maybe? My question is; Are the stock IC piping/hoses/clamps sufficient? Obviously I understand upgrading the piping will improve performance but by how much really? Is it absolutely necessary? Anything else in particular that would fail with higher boost?

Thanks
I'm getting my car dynoed this Saturday and can let you know what the power numbers are on a 91 tune. I have minimal mods. CPE intercooler, CPE RMM, Catless DP, Mishimoto radiator, and 3 inch exhaust with the Whoosh Hybrid turbo. Should give you an idea of what to expect. I've been holding off on other mods (Intake, crossover pipe, cold side pipes and etc) so I could have the numbers for and if the extras help make more power. Let me know if you want me to share the data with you and I'll reply here for you.

I'm getting my car dynoed this Saturday and can let you know what the power numbers are on a 91 tune. I have minimal mods. CPE intercooler, CPE RMM, Catless DP, Mishimoto radiator, and 3 inch exhaust with the Whoosh Hybrid turbo. Should give you an idea of what to expect. I've been holding off on other mods (Intake, crossover pipe, cold side pipes and etc) so I could have the numbers for and if the extras help make more power. Let me know if you want me to share the data with you and I'll reply here for you.
That would be awesome if you can share. How does the butt dyno feel?

OP
D
Thread Starter #84
Yes that would be great! Thank you. I’m interested to see gains from additional mods as well (intake, crossover, cold side/hot side etc). I think will be less then most think.

Magnetic

That would be awesome if you can share. How does the butt dyno feel?
I went from Stock to Hybrid Turbo and it was a nice jump. Kept me happy for 3 years but now I want more power. I haven't done anything in 3 years and have a lot i'm going to do in the next few months including the new billet intake manifold whoosh has and will be doing a dyno for that as well once its added. Once I have the car dynoed with the minimal mods I'll install the extra goodies and dyno it again and give an update then.

Magnetic

Yes that would be great! Thank you. I’m interested to see gains from additional mods as well (intake, crossover, cold side/hot side etc). I think will be less then most think.
Yeah so am I and since I know everyone is curious I'll be getting it dynoed every step of the way in hopes to get a lot of our questions answered. LoL

***I'll post an updated here when its done.

OP
D
Thread Starter #87
Yeah so am I and since I know everyone is curious I'll be getting it dynoed every step of the way in hopes to get a lot of our questions answered. LoL

***I'll post an updated here when its done.
Who is tuning?

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I've played with the idea of getting an S280 and a tune with everything else being stock just to see how much power it'll make without additional mods, then methodically adding parts to see how much power they'll yield.

I've played with the idea of getting an S280 and a tune with everything else being stock just to see how much power it'll make without additional mods, then methodically adding parts to see how much power they'll yield.
Id love to keep up with most other high-performance cara out there, not necessarily race and win, but the looks on people's faces when you keep up is priceless. Love to build sleeper style ride where you end up having people question how fast their cars are really... Lol. Now how much power would that be? 😁

Magnetic

It would have to be big power COMBINED WITH massive gumball tire grip and an effective limited slip diff/launch control/flat foot shifting/etc., especially if 'leaving' from a stoplight, since we have the great disadvantage of that FWD weight transfer off of the driven wheels, which most of the high(er) performance rides do not have to worry about at all.

Many on here who throw insane power at these cars do not address this issue at all (unless they use slicks/skinnies at the drag strip to help lessen it's detrimental effects), but I'm guessing that they are all 'roll racers', or maybe have their tunes set up like the old MKIV huge singles to have the power come on like those cars' old, 90* uphill power graphs, only at 7K+ revs, power bands. [dunno]

I guess strutting, swaggering macho peak power numbers are great, but without traction/grip, they are totally useless, functionally (at least) to me.
I agree. I want the car to be effective not just have a 5k-7k power band.

Hauling ass from a roll would be awesome. The Fist already struggles with traction off the line. I just don't have the balls to constantly hammer it out of the hole. Way too much strain on everything. Tuned bolt on fist is fun, but that extra ommph tran pull past 3.5k to redline would make it more fun and fast!

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Here's the numbers 228lbft/215hp on 91.
View attachment 43520
What's the butt dyno say? That seems really low, a Dizzy E30 flash on stock turbo does higher. I wonder if its the dyno? The dyno thread has most up around 250-300 depending on fuel and mods. I'm watching this thread. This one is interesting. Maybe get that tank empty and try another fuel? Hmmm

Magnetic

What's the butt dyno say? That seems really low, a Dizzy E30 flash on stock turbo does higher. I wonder if its the dyno? The dyno thread has most up around 250-300 depending on fuel and mods. I'm watching this thread. This one is interesting. Maybe get that tank empty and try another fuel? Hmmm
It def feels faster than stock and is within 1lbft and 1hp on both runs. Here's a video I uploaded with a brief explanation of why I think the power is down.

View: https://youtu.be/SAPh3tR73po