Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mishimoto/Whoosh Cold-Side w/ Mountune Radiator

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
... who's done it? Gimme some hints because I can't find the sweet spot that isn't wedging the pipe against the back of the radiator fan housing.

Help!

OP
J

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
I just tried to fit it with the Mountune Rad this past weekend and it was such a tight fit I decided to fit the stock piece for now
Thanks - that's what I'm finding as well.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Guys went there with the Whoosh Cold side pipe( MIshimoto Knockoff? ) I could not get the Whoosh cold side pipe to work with the Mountune radiator. The Mishimoto radiator is actually just a touch slimmer than the Mountune and Mishimoto also uses their custom low pro fan shroud setup. It really makes all the difference .

So most likely both cold side pipes will work with a Mishimoto radiator. Of course and with stock radiators.

OP
J

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #5
Guys went there with the Whoosh Cold side pipe( MIshimoto Knockoff? ) I could not get the Whoosh cold side pipe to work with the Mountune radiator. The Mishimoto radiator is actually just a touch slimmer than the Mountune and Mishimoto also uses their custom low pro fan shroud setup. It really makes all the difference .

So most likely both cold side pipes will work with a Mishimoto radiator. Of course and with stock radiators.
Ugh - I really don't want to tap the stock cold side for WMI.

Anyone have any luck with the CP-E?

Erick_V

I may try fitting it again when my next oil change comes up so I have more room to work with. Hope someone chimes in. It’s literally the last “bolt on” I need and I would like to run meth

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I may try fitting it again when my next oil change comes up so I have more room to work with. Hope someone chimes in. It’s literally the last “bolt on” I need and I would like to run meth
I tried for a couple of hours then my friend came over and he tried for several hours lol. It wound up we spent as much time trying to get it in as it did for us to take my whole front end off to install my radiator and intercooler at once. Its why I wound up saying screw it and sold it. Outside of needing it for like meth or something. Its really not a needed mod as it does not add any HP over stock.

OP
J

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #8
Update: I've reached out to everyone I can think of and nobody knows of a FiST with a Mountune rad and a Mishimoto/Whoosh cold-side pipe while a number have said that they tried and gave up.

I've asked about the cp-e cold-side with a similar response: nobody can say, for sure, that it'll fit.

So I guess that I'm selling the Whoosh pipe and tapping the stock pipe.

I have a mountune radiator and got the Mishimoto cold side and hot side kit when I put my CPE intercooler. It’s a tight fit but fits perfectly. I believe the cold side touches a part of the shroud but haven’t had issues yet. I do remember I put the coupler on throttle body first then slid the pipe from the bottom and undid both clamps and just put them on and tightened them from the top, did an oil change a month ago and had no issues getting the larger motorcraft filter out, but I used the smaller one and it was a Snug fit. it’s gonna scratch the filter every time on the clamp for one of the hoses for the oil cooler but no big deal.

Last edited:
OP
J

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #10
I have a mountune radiator and got the Mishimoto cold side and hot side kit when I put my CPE intercooler. It’s a tight fit but fits perfectly. I believe the cold side touches a part of the shroud but haven’t had issues yet. I do remember I put the coupler on throttle body first then slid the pipe from the bottom and undid both clamps and just put them on and tightened them from the top, did an oil change a month ago and had no issues getting the larger motorcraft filter out, but I used the smaller one and it was a Snug fit. it’s gonna scratch the filter every time on the clamp for one of the hoses for the oil cooler but no big deal.
Yeah..., I still don't like the idea of an interference fit. I have the poly inserts in my motor mounts so they're a little stiffer than stock but I still know the engine is rocking pretty hard when I snap off and roll on the throttle.

Ford Community Posts