Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mk3 (Focus)/FiST/FoST

OP
dyn085

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #61
Interesting...Yesterday they posted another Molten Orange with the same sub setup in the spare tire well, but different amp. I thought it was you right away. Guess we have another Molten Orange running around here... I've seen one at Best Buy a few times so maybe that's them.
That's interesting! Where did you see pics?

OP
dyn085

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #63
You didn't have them do your sub, right? I'm sure a lot of vehicles will end up with a similar design due to the spare tire placement, it just seems off that it would look so similar to yours.

Yeah, they were excited about doing that sub in the car and retain all the storage space. I thought it was you at first since you saw mine at the C&C a few weeks back. I know you said you weren't going to consider at that point so when they posted the pictures, I was like, "dang, he went and did it". I didn't know there were at least 3 of us running around with MO fiestas. So much for a "rare" color...

OP
dyn085

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #66
Took and edited these pics with my phone, so I haven't seen them on a computer yet-

And this one-

OP
dyn085

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #67
So here are some unedited shots of the old tires on new wheels.

Unfortunately, all four of my OEM wheels are damaged and will have to be repaired and repainted. Thank you, Black's Tire & Auto Service. Inner and outer rims, claw marks in all of the barrels in four places on each one...Just one of many pictures-

And a confirmed performance gain with the swap, albeit a small one that I didn't expect and wasn't overly concerned about-

are those inserts from the FoST or the FiST? I wanna pull my inserts and replace them with alcantara.

OP
dyn085

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #69
are those inserts from the FoST or the FiST? I wanna pull my inserts and replace them with alcantara.
Those are the door inserts from the FiST. Both cars are being done in Alcantra with matching stitching (to the vehicle interior) so I'm pretty excited to see how it all turns out.

Those are the door inserts from the FiST. Both cars are being done in Alcantra with matching stitching (to the vehicle interior) so I'm pretty excited to see how it all turns out.
any chance you could do a diy on how to remove those door cards?

OP
dyn085

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #72
any chance you could do a diy on how to remove those door cards?
It's pretty easy, actually. If you look in the picture below you'll see black plastic studs that fit through the insert. These inserts are from my FoST but it's the same concept to how the FiST inserts are attached, I just forgot to take pics of this level of disassembly when I removed the FiST panels. They are essentially melted over to mushroom and hold the insert in place (you can see two that aren't in the pic) and in order to remove the insert you have to drill them off with a 1/4" drill bit (carefully) to get the inserts out.

It's pretty easy, actually. If you look in the picture below you'll see black plastic studs that fit through the insert. These inserts are from my FoST but it's the same concept to how the FiST inserts are attached, I just forgot to take pics of this level of disassembly when I removed the FiST panels. They are essentially melted over to mushroom and hold the insert in place (you can see two that aren't in the pic) and in order to remove the insert you have to drill them off with a 1/4" drill bit (carefully) to get the inserts out.
how are you going to reattch them?

OP
dyn085

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #74
I've seen clips before that I need to see if I can locate and if they will work, but I need to see what JPM recommends.

OP
dyn085

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #75
Well, I gave in.

I was trying to hold off, but it happened. I was also intending on waiting to get a custom tune until I had all of my Stage 3 parts ready, but I have no impulse control so I contacted Justin at FreekTune today. I figure that I may as well enjoy the car while I accumulate the parts and wait for my mileage to add up a bit.

OP
dyn085

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #77
Is the Freektune tune the same as Randy's custom maps & Mountunes OTS+ maps
It's a custom tune but it definitely won't be the same. Randy does his magic in his way as Justin does his in his own way.

OP
dyn085

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #80
subscribing..
damn duane...
one car at a time.. lol....
Lol, that's actually what is about to happen. With the exception of getting a custom tune from FreekTune, everything is going to be put on hold with the FoST until I know if the RS is/is not going to happen in the US. It would suck to dump a bunch of money into it just to have to rip everything back off and trade it in. Luckily, this well allow me to focus on the FiST.

Speaking of the FiST, my base map from Justin was in my inbox when I woke up this morning. I was honestly pretty impressed to see it as I was expecting it to happen later today or tomorrow. It feels smooth and powerful, but I need to put some more miles on it before datalogging for revision. So I guess that means I'm going out for lunch today...