Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mk3 (Focus)/FiST/FoST

OP
dyn085

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #121
I went and edited post #108. I don't know why both of the video's were of the car in the driveway when they were supposed to be the driving video's, but whatev's. Either way, it's fixt now.

OP
dyn085

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #122
First time for me at the drags last night (ever) and this was my first (and best) run-

Not the greatest, but I'm not one that's really ever been into racing. Some practice and prep will bring the times down a bit. Left lane of course, the right was an Evo. Watching him launch was probably the first time that I truly hoped the Focus RS comes as awd...

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Great first run...if you bring that reaction and time down you could have done a sub 14.

OP
dyn085

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #126
Yeah, I definitely need some practice. I also need to finish my tune, get some better tires, and prep the car better. Oh, and practice. Driver mod will help this car more than the others combined I would imagine. I didn't plan on going and when I got there I didn't plan on racing, but my daughter was pushing the issue pretty hard so my hands were tied.

We had a great time though and I love having data to try and improve on, so this is a good baseline to see how far I can grow and improve before swapping turbo's.

Oh, and I beat a Civic despite blowing my tires off for the entire first gear and only running 15 seconds. Nothing to brag about, but it was the only white slip out of three.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Both cars got the door inserts, shift boots, armrest covers, and visors while the FiST will also get the steering wheel recovered in a few weeks.

Yup!
Did you get the int parts installed yet?

OP
dyn085

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #128
Did you get the int parts installed yet?
Well, sort of. The armrest and visors are installed while the door inserts are temporarily installed while I search out a better way to attach them to the panel. There was a communication mix-up with the shift boots, of which I only got my OEM set mailed out to them today. Depending on when my girlfriend leaves, I will be removing the steering wheel to ship out.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Well, sort of. The armrest and visors are installed while the door inserts are temporarily installed while I search out a better way to attach them to the panel. There was a communication mix-up with the shift boots, of which I only got my OEM set mailed out to them today. Depending on when my girlfriend leaves, I will be removing the steering wheel to ship out.

Dang thats looking great.

OP
dyn085

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #130
Dang thats looking great.
It's just a phone pic, but once I have all of the pieces installed I'll get some better shots with my DSLR. It looks awesome in person and gives the cockpit a more upscale look without being overbearing. The red stitching really ties everything together and the Alcantra feels so nice compared to the OEM pleather!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account

dyn085, any idea how much the interior kit will set you back? I love that look.

OP
dyn085

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #132
dyn085, any idea how much the interior kit will set you back? I love that look.
The visors, armrest, shifter boot, and door inserts total $495. The steering wheel I haven't fully confirmed yet but should be $495 if I remember correctly.

Visors- $215
Shift boot- $70
Armrest- $85
Door inserts- $125

That was the latest pricing I had for them.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
The visors, armrest, shifter boot, and door inserts total $495. The steering wheel I haven't fully confirmed yet but should be $495 if I remember correctly.

Visors- $215
Shift boot- $70
Armrest- $85
Door inserts- $125

Thanks for that. Are the armrest the same length as stock?

FocusMike

Visors- $215
Shift boot- $70
Armrest- $85
Door inserts- $125

Where can we order these from?

OP
dyn085

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #138
Been a while, I guess.

Some of you have followed/liked the threads I've put up regarding datalogging and such, so I guess it's time for me to move forward from there. I'll be creating a couple more threads in the coming days illustrating my process, but I've decided to attempt to learn how to tune. I ordered my ATR software, my FoST is ready to pick-up from the dealership (warranty things), and I have a couple of tuning books to pick up as well.

Fwiw, this is mainly about advancing my knowledge-not about thinking 'I'm better' than pro-tuners or anybody else for that matter. It's been something I've been contemplating doing for years, and I figure the best way to do it is in full-view of different communities for not only the assistance of various 'more knowledgeable' members but also for those that want to learn from my victories and mistakes. Basically, I'm at my happiest points in life when I'm actively learning something new that I'm interested in.

This won't be with the FiST because my FiST runs extremely well. My FoST, otoh, has things I would like to address and will probably be the better platform to learn from due to it's #aintcare attitude. Whether I succeed or fail is irrelevant at this point, I just think some people might enjoy the ride.

A few more had to be ordered, but these were available locally-