Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

MKIIIRS Focus RS Build Thread

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
First day picked up from the dealer.

Did a quick photoshoot.

OP
MKIIIRS

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Thread Starter #2
First quick mod, shorty antenna installed on the Focus RS.

OP
MKIIIRS

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Thread Starter #5
The Focus RS is getting a custom clear bra installed.

They say to take that sticker off the right side of the intercooler cuz it causes heat soak. Supposed to just peel right off!

OP
MKIIIRS

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Thread Starter #7
They say to take that sticker off the right side of the intercooler cuz it causes heat soak. Supposed to just peel right off!
I didn't realize its a sticker, thought it was a metal piece. I'll have to take a look.

OP
MKIIIRS

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Thread Starter #9
Got the windows tinted with 3M Crystalline.

OP
MKIIIRS

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Thread Starter #12
Just installed seat bottom covers. Purchased these off of Amazon, they were designed for the regular Focus.

OP
MKIIIRS

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Thread Starter #13
Husky Liners Floor Mats arrived and installed.

OP
MKIIIRS

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Thread Starter #14
Installed front and rear dash cam.

OP
MKIIIRS

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Thread Starter #15
Install the pedal spacer.

Stock vs. Spacer Pedal Height.
About 3" from the floor.

About 3.1875" from the floor.

Installed Spacer

OP
MKIIIRS

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Thread Starter #17
How do you like the feel now?
Even though the spacer was only 1/4 inch, you can actually feel the difference while driving, especially when your foot hovers above the pedal. It took me a good day to get used to the new height. I say overall its a great mod and for $30 its worth it.

Even though the spacer was only 1/4 inch, you can actually feel the difference while driving, especially when your foot hovers above the pedal. It took me a good day to get used to the new height. I say overall its a great mod and for $30 its worth it.
I had my pedal spacer on and also liked the way it felt but have since took it off because since the gas pedal is full plastic since it does not have the floor to rest on anymore a few guys have broke the gas pedal in half leaving them stranded. When we floor it we don't realize how hard we floor that pedal and if there is no support behind it then it just snaps with a spacer.

OP
MKIIIRS

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Thread Starter #19
I had my pedal spacer on and also liked the way it felt but have since took it off because since the gas pedal is full plastic since it does not have the floor to rest on anymore a few guys have broke the gas pedal in half leaving them stranded. When we floor it we don't realize how hard we floor that pedal and if there is no support behind it then it just snaps with a spacer.
I agree, the plastic pedals do feel cheaply made. Did you end up getting the no-piston spacers too?