Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mod Friendly Dealers in Florida

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2
I'll bump this once just in case someone missed it. Thanks again.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'll give you what information I have. Ford changed their warranty pay out terms fairly recently. This makes it extremely hard for any dealer to be "mod friendly" as they now audit warranty work on a monthly basis and things that did not require prior approval do now (like a turbo). I live in SFL and my work involves them, so I will post the SFL stores that I am aware of. CFL hasn't had much luck with any mod friendly dealers.

Always REVERT TO STOCK (or as close as possible) when going to ANY dealer, you may be able to get away with lowering springs and suspension work if you aren't going for a suspension concern. Be especially sure to remove the following things:

-Accessports & their OBD cables. Uninstall & remove the cable, no matter how well you hide it in the dash, they will find it.
-BOV / boost reference items. Put your stock parts back in, any engine concern will be void if you have a BOV installed. Take out all added vacuum lines or boost gauges. They will try to deny based on this
-Stickers with your social media accounts / track day stickers. They will check this out.

Wayne Akers Ford - Lake Worth - Seem to be pretty good, as long as you have no visible engine mods
Al Packer Ford (both stores) - West Palm Beach - The west store can be more forgiving than the east store
Pompano Ford Lincoln - Pompano Beach - They are generally really good, Jeff is a great service writer, just make sure the car is stock engine wise
Autonation Ford - Margate - You need to make friends with a tech, or a service writer here. Again bring with no mods and play dumb.
Sawgrass Ford - Sunrise - Nope. Don't go here. They don't want our business
Pines Ford - Pembroke Pines- Same as above
Midway Ford - Miami - They used to be the best around, unfortunately their main tech left and no one has tried since so I'm not sure

Under absolutely no circumstance should you bring your car to either of the Greico Ford stores (Delray & Ft Lauderdale). They are both horrible, and will absolutely try to fuck you at every given moment.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
I'll give you what information I have. Ford changed their warranty pay out terms fairly recently. This makes it extremely hard for any dealer to be "mod friendly" as they now audit warranty work on a monthly basis and things that did not require prior approval do now (like a turbo). I live in SFL and my work involves them, so I will post the SFL stores that I am aware of. CFL hasn't had much luck with any mod friendly dealers.

Always REVERT TO STOCK (or as close as possible) when going to ANY dealer, you may be able to get away with lowering springs and suspension work if you aren't going for a suspension concern. Be especially sure to remove the following things:

-Accessports & their OBD cables. Uninstall & remove the cable, no matter how well you hide it in the dash, they will find it.
-BOV / boost reference items. Put your stock parts back in, any engine concern will be void if you have a BOV installed. Take out all added vacuum lines or boost gauges. They will try to deny based on this
-Stickers with your social media accounts / track day stickers. They will check this out.

Wayne Akers Ford - Lake Worth - Seem to be pretty good, as long as you have no visible engine mods
Al Packer Ford (both stores) - West Palm Beach - The west store can be more forgiving than the east store
Pompano Ford Lincoln - Pompano Beach - They are generally really good, Jeff is a great service writer, just make sure the car is stock engine wise
Autonation Ford - Margate - You need to make friends with a tech, or a service writer here. Again bring with no mods and play dumb.
Midway Ford - Miami - They used to be the best around, unfortunately their main tech left and no one has tried since so I'm not sure

Under absolutely no circumstance should you bring your car to either of the Greico Ford stores (Delray & Ft Lauderdale). They are both horrible, and will absolutely try to fuck you at every given moment.
Why do car manufacturers have to be so difficult... Thanks for the heads up. I sent an email to every dealer within 75 miles of Orlando, so if I hear anything from them I'll let you know. I second the opinion on Wayne Aker's Ford. Got a Focus RS from there and they were very helpful and kind. So, how do they react to a changed intercooler, or if you had a tune (and uninstalled it)

Last edited:

Bookmarking all of this, thanks for the great information!!

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Why do car manufacturers have to be so difficult... Thanks for the heads up. I sent an email to every dealer within 75 miles of Orlando, so if I hear anything from them I'll let you know. I second the opinion on Wayne Aker's Ford. Got a Focus RS from there and they were very helpful and kind. So, how do they react to a changed intercooler, or if you had a tune (and uninstalled it)

The intercooler is technically NOT a performance item, nor an indication that you abuse your car. If a technician wants to deny warranty based on an intercooler, they would need to prove it caused the failure. The only thing it does do, is raise a red flag about other possible modifications and may prompt them to dig in your ECU to count your key cycles / re-flashes.

I bought my first FiST from Wayne Akers Ford, lovely people, fantastic sales team. My current one came from Autonation Ford Miami, by proxy, but I picked it up at Jarrett-Gordon Ford in Davenport.

I bought my FiST from Mullinax, at the time of getting an extended warranty they knew the car was already modified and didn't give me any signs that they wouldn't work on it if there was an issue.

But that could very well be just blowing smoke up my ass to make me feel good about buying it. Time will tell I suppose.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
I bought my FiST from Mullinax, at the time of getting an extended warranty they knew the car was already modified and didn't give me any signs that they wouldn't work on it if there was an issue.

But that could very well be just blowing smoke up my ass to make me feel good about buying it. Time will tell I suppose.
I got my car from Mullinax too. How funny.

2nd week of June, is a 15 that has a Access Port, rota wheels, full exhaust, BOV, air filter.

I asked personally to two of the reps I was dealing with and they both said we'll warranty the car and replace whatever breaks. This is also my first time buying a "newer" car so I'm not entirely sure about the authenticity of it, but to be fair the dealership has a super high rating with 1800+ reviews so that gives me some solace.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
2nd week of June, is a 15 that has a Access Port, rota wheels, full exhaust, BOV, air filter.

I asked personally to two of the reps I was dealing with and they both said we'll warranty the car and replace whatever breaks. This is also my first time buying a "newer" car so I'm not entirely sure about the authenticity of it, but to be fair the dealership has a super high rating with 1800+ reviews so that gives me some solace.
Yeah, I feel that. If I were you, I would get that in writing. If you have it in writing, it is a lot harder for the dealer to dispute if they decide to screw you over.

Very true. They do seem to care about how people perceive them so negative reviews they take to heart and seem to correct them, from what I've heard from other people who've bought from them through the years.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
Very true. They do seem to care about how people perceive them so negative reviews they take to heart and seem to correct them, from what I've heard from other people who've bought from them through the years.
Glad I got my car from them then. I'll try and get on my service manager's good side and send her a Christmas card lol.

I am on the coast south of Melbourne. I bought mine from Greenway Ford in Orlando, when my 10k service comes due perhaps I should make the trek to Mullinax. I hated Greenway Ford, but they had the color I wanted cheaper than the other dealers I was communicating with. I have no clue how Greenway is with warranty, and I'd prefer not to go down south if I had an issue.