Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Modified Ford Fiesta ST 0-60 Times

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I've made 3 runs here in the UK.

Run1 60ft = 2.6581 with a 1/4 = 14.8842@96.31
Run2 60ft = 2.6083 with a 1/4 = 14.6709@95.70
Run3 60ft = 2.4045 with a 1/4 = 14.4726@93.71

On all 3 runs i shallow staged.
Good runs, you seem to be improving your launch every pass. If you can get that 60 ft down a little to 2.1-2.2 range you will definitely be in the low 14's and with a set of track tires, maybe knocking on 13's.

The announcer at the track will mention sea level and elevation, especially at the mile high drag way. Reaction times, win or loose races, if you are a sleep at the lights. Reaction time is the time it takes you to move off the line, then start the clock. Everyone knows that, I was referring to a good reaction time that he reacted to start the clock, not to say it was included in his ET.

You can bet the race car drivers at the drag strip know where they are and at what altitude to tune there cars. I will admit I personally want to know If a mill is on a dynamiter that it has been corrected to sea level the HP & TQ. numbers. Especially when I might purchase $750.00 dollar tuning kit and through out some big fancy performance numbers to sell there software. I want to know everything there is to know about the product.

Personally I do not care what altitude it was dynode at, or the forecast, time of day, and or what rpm per second the drum was set up to read the number's, even the gears used to it with, which if not interred into the equation, tells you nothing. I'll put it like this, If the mill is on a stand hooked to dynamiter, and done sitting sideways or adjusted for a front wheel drive, all the other variables will already be compensated for in the computer that's used on a Dailey bases.

But from the info I've given you theres no way of telling or even guessing what my Reaction Time was! I know what it is because it's on my timeslip but i felt that was irrelevant so i didnt list it

Good runs, you seem to be improving your launch every pass. If you can get that 60 ft down a little to 2.1-2.2 range you will definitely be in the low 14's and with a set of track tires, maybe knocking on 13's.
I had the Quaife LSD in my favour but i was running the O/E Bridgestones which are less than useless.

Each lane is timed individualy, The timer in your lane does not start until your car moves so, i can sit there for 10 seconds after the green light has come on and still get a 2.6... 60ft time

Each lane is timed individualy, The timer in your lane does not start until your car moves so, i can sit there for 10 seconds after the green light has come on and still get a 2.6... 60ft time
I think it's me that is confusing everyone, I never was any good at expressing what I am saying, I take it for granted that you can read my mind. My bad, OK the reaction time I should have post is the reaction time after you both have set the beam for the clock to start coming down to green. The time it takes you to move off the green light to head down the strip to the finish line.

I know how to drag race and have been down the strip at Pomona drag strip more times than I care to remember, I raced a Ford pinto back when the 351 Cleveland was the mill to have if you were a Fan of Fords. When your racing an 800 HP small block ford and running low 9 second run's your reaction time had better be great or loose the race. Even if your opponent ran a slower time.

It's been over 20 years now since I folded in the towel and quite racing. When you win to many races back then NHRA would either move you to another class of contenders or make your car none legal to race in the class you were running. If you drove a Chevy you could get a way with murder, I cannot remember the times we got protested and found nothing wrong and had to hand over the money because then you got your engine back torn all apart. Just to let you guys know I have been down that road a few times.

Simply put, your reaction time is the difference between the green light coming on and your car moving.

But from the info I've given you theres no way of telling or even guessing what my Reaction Time was! I know what it is because it's on my timeslip but i felt that was irrelevant so i didnt list it
Showing the power I assume that's at the wheels your actual HP is 255.645 and you actual torque is 316.825 all at the flywheel. According to some that like to know this, I for one. I did this using 15%

razorlab

1000 Post Club
I'm so confused now I don't even know what's going on.

Reaction time means nothing to your actual time slip. The only time it makes any point to even care about it is bracket racing.

You can sit at the light for 20mins if you wanted to before you start going. Probably wouldn't make any friends with the track operators though. ;)

I'm so confused now I don't even know what's going on.

Reaction time means nothing to your actual time slip. The only time it makes any point to even care about it is bracket racing.

You can sit at the light for 20mins if you wanted to before you start going. Probably wouldn't make any friends with the track operators though. ;)
You sit that long and you will get disqualified in any class where nitro methane is used.

The time after you break the starting line beam if you are first then you have wait on the next lane to stage and set the Christmas tree coming down to green after it's green is where your reaction time comes into play. You can run a quicker ET and still lose the race with a slow reaction time or as the racers call it "a sleep at the wheel". I hope this helps

razorlab

1000 Post Club
The time after you break the starting line beam if you are first then you have wait on the next lane to stage and set the Christmas tree coming down to green after it's green is where your reaction time comes into play. You can run a quicker ET and still lose the race with a slow reaction time or as the racers call it "a sleep at the wheel". I hope this helps
That's what I just said? I think we might be having a communication break down here.

As far as 60ft, 0-60, 1/8th mile and 1/4 mile trap and ET stats... reaction time has no bearing whatsoever in any of those stats. None, zero, nada.

The ONLY time reaction time has any bearing is in bracket racing, which is basically what you said in your post, and even then it still has ZERO BEARING on your performance stats.

Dude
That's what I just said? I think we might be having a communication break down here.

As far as 60ft, 0-60, 1/8th mile and 1/4 mile trap and ET stats... reaction time has no bearing whatsoever in any of those stats. None, zero, nada.

The ONLY time reaction time has any bearing is in bracket racing, which is basically what you said in your post, and even then it still has ZERO BEARING on your performance stats.
Dude I'm sorry I even mentioned It in the first place, I am not trying to make matters worse. You already know now that I know what I meant no matter how it came out of my post OK?
Can we move on to something else please.? That is not what I said and not what I meant OK. If you set there and scratch your ass after the light turns green then you loose the race I don't care how much faster your ET was over the guy in the other lane. YOU REACTED TO SLOW AFTER THE LIGHT TURNED GREEN. That my friend is what I am referring to. I've been drag racing probably before you were born. It may have been confusing to you sometimes you have to read between the lines when I post anyway. please do not make me look like I do not know how to race you only make your seft look!?!?

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Dude
Can we move on to something else please.? That is not what I said and not what I meant OK. If you set there and scratch your ass after the light turns green then you loose the race I don't care how much faster your ET was over the guy in the other lane. YOU REACTED TO SLOW AFTER THE LIGHT TURNED GREEN.
I think what is happening here is you are viewing it as a race and I am viewing it as stats. So, two different perspectives. Fine in my book. I'm not saying you don't know how to do anything. I'm not making this personal at all. Relax.

I've been drag racing probably before you were born.
How do you have any idea when I was born to even begin to make this statement? You don't, so put your penis back in your pants.

**beer**

OP
MrClean
Thread Starter #36
I haven't actually checked this yet, but with a turbo-back and a tune, It feels close to 6 seconds for the 0 to 60 sprint.

At Santa Pod uk earlier in the month I did a few runs, track was very cold, 3c and it was a struggle to get the power down with the stock bridgestones so the best I could do was a 2.40 60 ft, 14.48 @ 97.3mph.

Current spec is Peron P2xx calibration, Peron superstock intercooler (far better than the airtec!) scorpion 3 inch sports cat, 2.75 in Milltek race cat back, itg maxogen induction, cobb rmm.

http://youtu.be/HFbG7wQkNUY

6.8 seconds Cobb Stage 1 on 205/40r17 nitto neo gen all seasons at sea level on good pavement

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I shift twice. This was my best recorded 0-60. Don't know how accurate the AP is but that's the only way I've timed it. I consistently do between 6.8 and 7.2

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk