Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Molten orange FiST (275WHP Goal)

Ok bought this 2015 Fist back in June of 2019,
First post on this forum about it.
I was so excited to start throwing money into this car, bought a TS BOV as my first mod. After that I was in love. I then decided a week later that I should probably( since this is really my first REAL car - Drove a 2003 Elantra gt for a couple years ) get used to driving it stock and actually enjoy it the way it came. So that’s what I did up until this point. I am now comfortable driving this car 100% and feel now is the right time to mod it.

the only thing - as I’m posting this thread - on the car is that BOV

I Just in the past week spent money on a lot of bolt on’s

Now the parts list

TS BOV
Whoosh FMIC
AWR 88a RMM
RAMAIR drop in filter
( from what I read this is all that is needed. the intake isn’t a Bottle neck for the power I’m trying to get)
Access port ( with a stratified flash tune )
And a Thermal R&D exhaust ( waiting on shipment from whoosh - really excited for this )

My next plans are going to be Ron’s catted downpipe when they come in stock, and the whoosh hybrid turbo.

after that I will be done for a while but I won’t be finished.

id like to head some opinions on what people think so far, if I got any parts that could have been better and such, advice for DP or Turbo.

thanks 🙏🏻 BB3E70FF-7965-4DC0-9E1F-0AA37A36CB51.jpeg fmic 2.jpeg fmic.jpeg rmm1.jpeg

Last edited:

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Ok bought this 2015 Fist back in June of 2019,
id like to head some opinions on what people think so far
thanks 🙏🏻
You forgot the most important detail: What is your end game? Strip, track (which kind), back road marauder, etc.

And here is my not-so-humble, crotchety-old-man, biased-as-hell, wasted money all those decades, opinion.....

TS BOV _ meh...if you MUST hear yourself go fast or think you'll impress others...
Whoosh FMIC - a must.
AWR 88a RMM - gonna be a hard days night.
RAMAIR drop in filter ( from what I read this is all that is needed. the intake isn’t a Bottle neck for the power I’m trying to get) - Yes
Access port ( with a stratified flash tune ) - Dizzy tune if the highest-rated on this forum. I have dizzy and strat. I also like Dizzy). What are you going to run for fuel?
And a Thermal R&D exhaust ( waiting on shipment from whoosh - really excited for this ) - Practically zero gains from exhaust. Again, if you MUST hear yourself or like eargasms, go ahead.
My next plans are going to be Ron’s catted downpipe when they come in stock - Why? Plenty of threads on this topic too.
and the whoosh hybrid turbo. - Yes.

My suggs:
Drop the BOV, catted DP and exhaust. If you must hear yourself go fast, do the Resonator Delete.
Get the Whoosh Street RMM, Dizzy tune AND...... an LSD of your choice. If tracking, maybe a two point brace front brace.

Enjoy and do what you want, but you did ask.

Last edited:

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Looks like a good list we all have different opinions, but if you're going to upgrade the turbo upgrading the downpipe is a good idea. I like the fact that you're going with a catted downpipe not going catless. No need to do this with the stock Turbo, but since you're going to upgrade its recommended.
That is a stiff rear motor mount definitely going to add some vibration.

Would also be a good idea to upgrade the hot side charge pipe. This will get rid of the donut resonator in the stock pipe.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
Brezina542
Thread Starter #4
You forgot the most important detail: What is your end game? Strip, track (which kind), back road marauder, etc.

And here is my not-so-humble, crotchety-old-man, biased-as-hell, wasted money all those decades, opinion.....

TS BOV _ meh...if you MUST hear yourself go fast or think you'll impress others...
Whoosh FMIC - a must.
AWR 88a RMM - gonna be a hard days night.
RAMAIR drop in filter ( from what I read this is all that is needed. the intake isn’t a Bottle neck for the power I’m trying to get) - Yes
Access port ( with a stratified flash tune ) - Dizzy tune if the highest-rated on this forum. I have dizzy and strat. I also like Dizzy). What are you going to run for fuel?
And a Thermal R&D exhaust ( waiting on shipment from whoosh - really excited for this ) - Practically zero gains from exhaust. Again, if you MUST hear yourself or like eargasms, go ahead.
My next plans are going to be Ron’s catted down pipe when they come in stock - Why? Plenty of threads on this topic too.
and the whoosh hybrid turbo. - Yes.

My suggs:
Drop the BOV, catted DP and exhaust. If you must hear yourself go fast, do the Resonator Delete.
Get the Whoosh Street RMM, Dizzy tune AND...... an LSD of your choice. If tracking, maybe a two point brace front brace.

Enjoy and do what you want, but you did ask.

yea, i got the blow off valve as my first mod when i just got the car, i thought it was KoOL but honestly might replace. it spits out a crap load of air while going like 10 mph so i get it.
the rmm is actually really nice, i like the vibes when starting the car, not much difference when normal driving, but again, to each their own.
and yes, the exhaust is just to hear it. i like the note of the car but wanted a little more sound when i go, but i do get it XD

as for the down pipe, i actually though it was necessary when upgrading the turbo. i may do a little more research now that you brought it up to inform myself better on this - thanks.

also, I got a strat flash tune, just because it came with the accessport. i wanted to do more research into dizzy, stratified, tune+ before i made my decision with the custom tune ( which wouldn't be until i get the turbo TBH)

thanks for the info - i appreciate it.
also..
car will be put down the drag strip a few time or more, but mostly a car i can send down some back roads and such
end goal would be up in the 275+ range, and if i ever feel like i NEED to hit that 300 mark, probably with run e30, but that's not in the plans for the near future.

OP
Brezina542
Thread Starter #5
Looks like a good list we all have different opinions, but if you're going to upgrade the turbo upgrading the downpipe is a good idea. I like the fact that you're going with a catted downpipe not going catless. No need to do this with the stock Turbo, but since you're going to upgrade its recommended.
That is a stiff rear motor mount definitely going to add some vibration.

Would also be a good idea to upgrade the hot side charge pipe. This will get rid of the donut resonator in the stock pipe.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
thank you

yea i wanna stick with a catted DP and was kinda thinking of sticking with it when i go hybrid turbo. not sure if it will effect the performance, still trying to see that as well. (and also pass emissions, im from NJ and every time i get inspected i see them looking at the undercarriage with a camera, and i read that they check to make sure you have a muffler, cat, ect. so just trying to play it safe as well)

is there any catless DP that will work fine with a hybrid or is this just a, any cat will be a restriction, kinda thing.

just trying to learn more about this car while i'm building it, that's why im trying to justify the price to performance ( except for the catback, that was just purely a sound thing, lol)

also your right, the hot side pipe is coming as well, should have done it when i put the FMIC on, but i didnt buy it, so out comes the bumper, again...
thanks for opinion also, i appreciate it.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
You've got a pretty good start here! Just as a heads up, the stock fuel system runs out of steam at about 300hp give or take so if you ever want more than that, aux fuel is the way to go. If you're looking to keep daily drivability and stock feel when reving from idle you'll definitely want a hybrid turbo. Once I'm financially in a solid position I'm definitely going with the whoosh. Also, did you get a V1 or V3 Intercooler?

OP
Brezina542
Thread Starter #9
You've got a pretty good start here! Just as a heads up, the stock fuel system runs out of steam at about 300hp give or take so if you ever want more than that, aux fuel is the way to go. If you're looking to keep daily drivability and stock feel when reving from idle you'll definitely want a hybrid turbo. Once I'm financially in a solid position I'm definitely going with the whoosh. Also, did you get a V1 or V3 Intercooler?
I got the v1 instead of the v3. Yes you could go with the v3 and get a more HP capable car, but the v1 is good up to 300. If I ever wanna pass that, I’ll probably go for a bigger IC than the v3 to be on the safe side anyway. But for now, v1 fits my needs so I’m happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
I got the v1 instead of the v3. Yes you could go with the v3 and get a more HP capable car, but the v1 is good up to 300. If I ever wanna pass that, I’ll probably go for a bigger IC than the v3 to be on the safe side anyway. But for now, v1 fits my needs so I’m happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alright that's fair. Got the V3 myself cause I heard it suits non-stock turbos better.