Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Monster Tuned Adapt-X tune intro Sale 50% off until 7/15

Trader history for pwnall1337 (0)

pwnall1337

Vendor
Monster Tuned is proud to offer our official release of Adapt-X for the Fiesta ST platform.

What is Adapt-X?

Specific to the Ford calibration strategy, our Adapt-X tunes work by utilizing the factory octane adjust ratio logic and factory timing model. Our calibration relies on knock based octane learning like factory to get the timing and load curve optimal, then at wide open throttle the car will add in or remove timing using spark based knock advance for maximum power. Our calibration will support 87 through 93 octane like the stock calibration, however if you are not running 91 or higher you will not see any power gains. We recommend using only premium fuel (91+ octane) in your Fiesta ST.

We are the only tuner to offer a calibration with OEM octane learning that is capable of flexing between 87-93 gas. While you'll make less than advertised horsepower from ford by running 87 the purpose is to demonstrate that the calibration will scale with your fuel quality accordingly.
This means nothing power wise is left on the table and your fuel quality will dictate what kind of performance you will see as well as being there and able to self correct when you get a batch of poor quality fuel or winter blend gas.

With Adapt-X you will have a single file calibration that supports 87 - 93 octane. Your OAR will function using factory logic and scaling so that you can flex between octanes like the OEM tune with the exception of E30 being a separate map because fuel stoichmetric burn is not adaptive on the ford calibration (only on flex fuel applications).

Our Adapt-X calibration for the focus st has been out for around a year (adapt-x supercedes our stage-x line of calibrations available previously) and you can see the reviews available on Focus st . org (all one word)

Power figures (at the wheel):

172 whp (factory tune)
200 whp (91 octane) [ -0.75 to -0.85 OAR ]
210 whp (93 octane) [ -0.90 to -1.00 OAR ]
215 whp (e20 on pump adapt-x)
230 whp (e30 adapt-x map)

No coupon is needed and the discount will be automatically applied on checkout

Read more here:
https://monstertuned.com/products/Fiesta-ST-Adapt-X-Tune-p358859436

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #3
we've been tuning the fiesta st since 2018, we just ported our Adapt-X calibration initially developed on the F150 Raptor and took that strategy and ported it to the Focus ST, then The RS, then back to the Fiesta ST which is our lowest volume tune currently. We had our Stage X tunes v1-v4 for the past few years. Guys who got the upgrade to Adapt-X said it's significantly better so we are re entering the Fiesta ST market with our new calibration.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #5
Sold about 10 of these so far, not sure how many are from the forum. This sale ends 7/15 and they won't ever be on sale again. Our focus ones never see sales except the intro sale we did on them on the release of Adapt-X.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I saw this "All Adapt-X calibrations are emissions compliant and will pass emissions testing. Removing or tampering with emissions equipment on your vehicle will result in a check engine light and the vehicle failing an emissions test. "

Does that mean that the tune will be California emissions compliant?

Also, does it kill rev hang? I like the idea of "set it and forget it". I've already bought all the other available FiST flash tunes, what's one more :p

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I saw this "All Adapt-X calibrations are emissions compliant and will pass emissions testing. Removing or tampering with emissions equipment on your vehicle will result in a check engine light and the vehicle failing an emissions test. "

Does that mean that the tune will be California emissions compliant?

Also, does it kill rev hang? I like the idea of "set it and forget it". I've already bought all the other available FiST flash tunes, what's one more :p
Wait I thought you got rid of your car in Favor of a GTI?

Erick_V

Considering this. I donā€™t really need a new tune unless I throw on my WGA. He is local to me which makes this more tempting

Less knock/correction. OEM type fuel economy and safety? Any fuel type w/o switching and no need to change maps with upgrades or changes?

To me, not looking for every pony on a stock turbo this is real appealing. Plus emissions compliance (great thing imo) and improved cooling all sounds great.

I am curious for Dyno graphs. Not for the meaningless #s but to see what the curves look like versus stock.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Wait I thought you got rid of your car in Favor of a GTI?
nah not really a gti person, still have my fist for as long as I can drive a manual. Almost bought a veloster n as a replacement but it just felt so ā€œchunkyā€. Was on the verge of selling my fiesta but had a bunch of other stuff (and Covid!) come up so I kept it for now. We did get rid of my wifeā€™s Giulia because itā€™s constant service visits were absurd. Only fun if youā€™re flogging it, when it works.

Last edited:
OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #14
This is alittle Different * you get what you pay for.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Our 4 cylinder ecoboost Adapt-X are $230.99
Our 6 cylinder ecoboost Adapt-X are $300.99
Our coyote power-x maps are $300.99
Our Stage X MQB GTI/GLI/A3 are $300.99

Adapt-X (any octane, any bolt on mods as long as stock turbo, stock fuel system, stock wastegate)
Stage-X (any bolt on mods as long as stock turbo, stock fuel system, stock wastegate)
Power-X (only for maf based cars, requires tuning revisions for headers and intake changes)

The Fiesta Adapt-X is only $115 until 7/15 then it will be forever $230.99. Over on the focus forums we ran an introductory sale and haven't put them on sale since. We only use the sale to introduce the product.

Also in regards to corrections, the corrections work like OEM so you'll be between -4/+4 under normal driving, this is explained in the welcome email, I know it's unusual for a lot of people who are cobb tuned by OTS or other tuners, but we use factory knock retard values as well as Factory octane learn so the corrections strategy works like OEM. You can have positive corrections at wot and still have lots of knock, we had an entire tech article explaining this, but I lost it when I left shopify for ecwid. I need to rebuild our tech blog.

Essentially the car uses the OAR to get the final timing curve in a good in-between spot, then adds +4 or -4 on a pull, the corrections can go +6 on our fiesta map to ensure the car can hit MBT freely if fuel quality allows.

Last edited:

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Checked with them via email, not EO for California but wasnā€™t expecting it to be. Includes removal of rev hang, flat foot shifting, and launch control.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Installed it this morning, put on about 50 miles so far. I don't think it's done "learning" because OAR hasn't moved at all, ign corrections are +3.95 for cyl 1 and 4.

So far: Feels kinda like "super stock" - doesn't have that artificial fake-fast feel of the stratified tune from the aggressive throttle tuning, and doesn't quite have that beefy mid-high that the Dizzy tune has, its just... stock but more, if that makes sense. I like it as a daily driver tune - I think that if someone had this tune on a FiST and let me drive it, I'd think "this car is pretty fast" instead of "what have they done to this car?".

Currently car is stock intake w/ new filter, stock exhaust, crossover pipe, and whoosh v2 intercooler. Since the car is already super quiet, it really really has that "super stock" feel.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
So is this a canned tune that adapts? Or is it a custom tune that adapts?

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #18
Installed it this morning, put on about 50 miles so far. I don't think it's done "learning" because OAR hasn't moved at all, ign corrections are +3.95 for cyl 1 and 4.

So far: Feels kinda like "super stock" - doesn't have that artificial fake-fast feel of the stratified tune from the aggressive throttle tuning, and doesn't quite have that beefy mid-high that the Dizzy tune has, its just... stock but more, if that makes sense. I like it as a daily driver tune - I think that if someone had this tune on a FiST and let me drive it, I'd think "this car is pretty fast" instead of "what have they done to this car?".

Currently car is stock intake w/ new filter, stock exhaust, crossover pipe, and whoosh v2 intercooler. Since the car is already super quiet, it really really has that "super stock" feel.
The OAR uses the factory load listening range and factory rpm listening range, the welcome email explains what conditions it will learn. You can use 5th gear and cruise on the highway for 6-10 seconds of throttle input and let out and see if the value changes but the engine needs to be within factory listening load range. This is more difficult on manual cars where people are keeping the revs higher (2500-4k) using shorter gearing and not loading the engine. I can look into increasing the load range for listening if it's not working for your driving habits, but I'll need special datalogging variables so let me know if you want to look into that and I'll send you a parameter list.

So is this a canned tune that adapts? Or is it a custom tune that adapts?
Canned tune is a bad word for it, because that's like saying the OEM tune is a canned tune. It's a calibration designed how ford would design it. The OEM tune can handle all the bolt on's and fuel qualities, however its designed to not allow more than X amount of power. We scale out the OEM tune to keep the turbocharger on the efficiency line and ensure max power from your mods and fuel. The car won't need adjustments for winter fuel, or elevation, etc. If the car can safely do it, then it will.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
The OAR uses the factory load listening range and factory rpm listening range, the welcome email explains what conditions it will learn. You can use 5th gear and cruise on the highway for 6-10 seconds of throttle input and let out and see if the value changes but the engine needs to be within factory listening load range. This is more difficult on manual cars where people are keeping the revs higher (2500-4k) using shorter gearing and not loading the engine. I can look into increasing the load range for listening if it's not working for your driving habits, but I'll need special datalogging variables so let me know if you want to look into that and I'll send you a parameter list.

Oh I got the welcome email, I'm trying to get into the range you specified it's just hard to keep it there with traffic so far today ;) - I'll keep up racking up miles on it and see how it goes. I basically went and bought breakfast, hit the freeway and went back and forth along a 10-12 mile stretch over and over again. There were too many cars to keep in the range specified for very long. Don't get me wrong, digging the tune so far, I like the "super stock" feeling :)

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #20
Oh I got the welcome email, I'm trying to get into the range you specified it's just hard to keep it there with traffic so far today ;) - I'll keep up racking up miles on it and see how it goes. I basically went and bought breakfast, hit the freeway and went back and forth along a 10-12 mile stretch over and over again. There were too many cars to keep in the range specified for very long. Don't get me wrong, digging the tune so far, I like the "super stock" feeling :)
On the highway you should be 60-70 mph 5th/6th gear. You just throttle in 6-10 seconds to pass or maintain speed. If you're not seeing changes then we'll datalog to see what's going on.