Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Monterey CA garage?

Hey all, i was wondering if anyone in the monterey/central valley area knew of a garage that had like a lift where you could rent out or something to work on vehicles?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Fiestig

Hmmm, probably only on the Navy postgrad. Navy usually has an autoshop with lift access. Not sure if there is one here, but you would of course need military access in some form. I would toss in advert into local CL and see if you get any responses.

OP
Kinnaird
Thread Starter #3
Hmmm, probably only on the Navy postgrad. Navy usually has an autoshop with lift access. Not sure if there is one here, but you would of course need military access in some form. I would toss in advert into local CL and see if you get any responses.
Yea i was looking at that, I can get on but wasn't sure if it was open, i know they closed the one on fort ord a few years back so I'll probably call tomorrow or something

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Military, DOD, etc. I love me the Auto Hobby Shops!

Mirimar Auto Skills Center - Marine Corps Community Services | MCAS Miramar (mccsmiramar.com)
Travis AFB Auto Hobby - 60 Travis Force Support Squadron (travisfss.com) 707-424-5300511 Suisun Ave. (Bldg 226)
I do not see one at U.S. ARMY GARRISON PRESIDIO OF MONTEREY All Services :: PRESIDIO OF MONTEREY (army.mil)
I do not see one at NSA MONTEREY NSAMonterey (navylifesw.com)
Fully navy list Auto Skills Centers (navymwr.org)

SoCal, like the Mid-Atlantic, has plenty...

OP
Kinnaird
Thread Starter #5
Military, DOD, etc. I love me the Auto Hobby Shops!

Mirimar Auto Skills Center - Marine Corps Community Services | MCAS Miramar (mccsmiramar.com)
Travis AFB Auto Hobby - 60 Travis Force Support Squadron (travisfss.com) 707-424-5300511 Suisun Ave. (Bldg 226)
I do not see one at U.S. ARMY GARRISON PRESIDIO OF MONTEREY All Services :: PRESIDIO OF MONTEREY (army.mil)
I do not see one at NSA MONTEREY NSAMonterey (navylifesw.com)
Fully navy list Auto Skills Centers (navymwr.org)

SoCal, like the Mid-Atlantic, has plenty...
Yeah I figured SoCal would, that's just a bit too much of a drive to really make it with it though haha, thank you though

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Ive honestly thought about renting one of those small warehouse/storage type things putting a lift in one just for this purpose.

I used to make e-liquids a while back, and did the same thing and shoved a iso 7 cleanroom inside.

OP
Kinnaird
Thread Starter #7
Ive honestly thought about renting one of those small warehouse/storage type things putting a lift in one just for this purpose.

I used to make e-liquids a while back, and did the same thing and shoved a iso 7 cleanroom inside.
Yeah I think I was gonna start looking into that, I looked into the price of lifts and only between 1-3k or so wasn't as bad as I was expecting

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Yeah I figured SoCal would, that's just a bit too much of a drive to really make it with it though haha, thank you though. Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
2.5hrs to Travis. Still a long way. My suggestion? Save up and ask Santa to help buy you a Quick Jack. $1k + My coworker bought one for his FoRS.
QuickJack 5,000lb. SLX Capacity Portable Car Lift Bundle (costco.com) I'd like to get one, but....idk, looking ahead at what work I can do vs. what work I want to do vs. what work my body will let me do in the future, who knows...I'm staying with ramps and the auto hobby shop is about 30 min away when I need it.

OP
Kinnaird
Thread Starter #9
2.5hrs to Travis. Still a long way. My suggestion? Save up and ask Santa to help buy you a Quick Jack. $1k + My coworker bought one for his FoRS.
QuickJack 5,000lb. SLX Capacity Portable Car Lift Bundle (costco.com) I'd like to get one, but....idk, looking ahead at what work I can do vs. what work I want to do vs. what work my body will let me do in the future, who knows...I'm staying with ramps and the auto hobby shop is about 30 min away when I need it.
That's what I was looking at too, might get it when I have another car friend come out