Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mother Nature Mod

PhoenixM3

I almost made it to my car before the hail started, and got pelted a few times by golf ball sized hail stones. There is zero cover from the elements on base, except for the cover at the gas station. It took less than 2 minutes to cause the damage shown in the photo. The insurance adjuster arrives today or tomorrow and I expect them to total the car. I have a little work ahead of me to return the car to stock, but am already searching for a replacement FiST. Yay me. 123D60E6-D286-4004-A9D9-42A349A6247B.jpeg 921E6EDD-70C7-4186-B6E3-42196903479F.jpeg BE7A73E0-4BC8-46FE-B806-F97505AD53E0.jpeg

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I personally don't believe they will total the car. I had almost $3,000 of hail damage repaired on a car that was 9 years old at the time.
You probably have twice that.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
PhoenixM3

PhoenixM3

Thread Starter #4
I personally don't believe they will total the car. I had almost $3,000 of hail damage repaired on a car that was 9 years old at the time.
You probably have twice that.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
We’ll see. Adjuster comes today or tomorrow.

Wow, that sucks. Never had hail bad enough to cause dents like that.

Replacing the hood is no big deal, the tricky bit would be the roof. It's definitely fixable, but there'd be a lot of labor in removing the headliner and banging them all out from the inside. That's what's going to determine the call on totaled/not totaled.

It's not going to be cheap, but I don't think it's going to be enough to go for a totaled status.

Last edited:
OP
PhoenixM3

PhoenixM3

Thread Starter #6
Wow, that sucks. Never had hail bad enough to cause dents like that.

Replacing the hood is no big deal, the tricky bit would be the roof. It's definitely fixable, but there'd be a lot of labor in removing the headliner and banging them all out from the inside. That's what's going to determine the call on totaled/not totaled.

It's not going to be cheap, but I don't think it's going to be enough to go for a totaled status.
repair of the car is preferable because of the effort needed to return it to stock.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
It's a bad feeling when the hail starts and there's nowhere to shelter from it. I remember once being in the start of a hail storm in my previous car, and I was able to pull into a carwash with a roof and wait it out. Good luck on getting the car fixed.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, this SUCKS!! [:(]

IF I lived in an area that gets that kind of bombing from the sky regularly, I would have a stack of about 10 or more huge moving blankets to put under a car cover at the ready, or maybe even already on the car as soon as they predicted that there is a possibility that this might happen.

SrsBsns

Holy hell, I've never seen hail damage that severe.

I had some damage done to my old car from hail, but not nearly that extreme.

KFulga

Jeez those hailstones left your car looking like a golf ball with all those dimples. How would it fare on a track with the new aero I wonder 🤔

Any updates? Still drive a FiST?