Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Motion Control Suspension 2W Coilovers

OP
Questionable
Thread Starter #22
This kit/setup was almost $6K before install, correct??

(Or did you buy it used??)
No, it was just under $5k before installation, purchased new. I got a small discount for being the first person to try their coilover conversion/clevis mount in the rear. We'll see how everything looks in the hatch when it all comes out for servicing.

OP
Questionable
Thread Starter #23
Update!

The suspension was pulled out this summer and sent to a local damper shop in DFW for a full service. No damage was found on the dampers, so a service was all that was needed. After the rebuild we also reworked the front setup to add slim bump stops (at my request), needle bearings, and spring isolators for better street manners. The rear mounts looked to be in good condition, but we'll check again when the suspension comes back out again in another 3-4 years/15k-20k miles.

The car drives excellently again, and the suspension is quiet now. The performance had degraded more than I realized now that everything is fresh again, but even just before the rebuild the performance was still good. I wouldn't be able to touch this level of performance for what it cost to rebuild these dampers.