Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune BBK Install

(front) 4 piston calipers with 330mm slotted rotors
255.jpg
Brembo / Mountune Calipers
256.jpg
Adapter bracket
416.jpg
Be sure to place the screws on exactly as show due to the length of the screws and mounting points on the hub and caliper.
old.jpg
First things first take off all of that.
bolts.jpg
Notice how these bolts are placed because when your installing the adapter plate bracket the bolts will need to go in the opposite direction screwing themselves into the unit itself.
nuback.jpg
back.jpg
bare.jpg
Do not reinstall the dust shields they just get in the way. Be sure to tighten the adapter plate bracket unit before adding the rotor.
floating.jpg
After you place the rotors in location (floating) you then install the calipers which keep the rotors in place.
Backcaliper.jpg
Swap out the O.E. brake lines with an upgraded pair.
If you completed the job correctly it should look like this.
wheeel.jpg
Here are the tools used on this install.
Sockets 8, 10, 13, 15 wrench 3/4, 11 and a Flathead screwdriver.
tools.jpg
Don't forget to torque everything to O.E. spec with your trusty torque wrench.
spec.jpg
Here is the weight difference. the old setup with rotor, caliper, pads bolts and dust shield is 30lbs
weightold.jpg
The new setup with everything including hardware weighs only 28lbs
weightnew.jpg
Huge upgrade in stopping power (110%) and a a loss of 2lbs on each side.
Stock wheels (rims) wont fit i would suggest going 16x9 as a minimum or you may have a problem fitting your wheels with a brake kit this large.
hit.jpg
Spacers or longer studs maybe all you need to help.
gap.jpg
gaap.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

willz2008

Hi there ,

I have the same Brembo brake kit that you installed , the Brembo calipers I received are identical , rather than a right and a left , was this the case with your calipers or were the left and right slightly different for example where the bleed nipple is located.

Any response would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Rich

OP
iGilgamesh
Thread Starter #3
Hi there ,

I have the same Brembo brake kit that you installed , the Brembo calipers I received are identical , rather than a right and a left , was this the case with your calipers or were the left and right slightly different for example where the bleed nipple is located.

Any response would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Rich
The calipers are identical the only way i knew which side goes where are these tiny arrows on the calipers, you want those facing the front of the car.
tiny arrow.jpg

Do you by any chance remeber the brake pads part number, or you have their dimmensions?
I am asking beacuse i don't know if i have bought the same brake calipers as their paint was removed and they look very similiar to mountune.