Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune intake hose fitment 2016+ - does this look right?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
View attachment 23192 I first tried the MountuneUSA induction hose, but have found the MountuneUK SAMCO hose fits better. The SAMCO has more of a factory fit and feel to it. It was much easier to install. I also think the older evap line looks cleaner with less hose under the hood. I’m curious why Ford changed the design, was it a factor of cost? With all that said I would buy the MountuneUSA adaptor, but they don’t sell it separate.
You do realize the Mountune USA hose is a SAMCO as well. It says it right on it.

You do realize the Mountune USA hose is a SAMCO as well. It says it right on it.
The Mountune USA hose does not have the SAMCO Sport logo on it, but the Mountune UK hose has the SAMCO Sport logo. Am I missing something on the USA distributed hose where it is printed with SAMCO's information? I had both hoses and can tell you they are not the same. The SAMCO hose install went much smoother.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
The Mountune USA hose does not have the SAMCO Sport logo on it, but the Mountune UK hose has the SAMCO Sport logo. Am I missing something on the USA distributed hose where it is printed with SAMCO's information? I had both hoses and can tell you they are not the same. The SAMCO hose install went much smoother.
It has SAMCO printed on it. Thats how I know mine was a SAMCO. I would have to take it off to take a pic but its there I would not have known it was a SAMCO otherwise.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
It has SAMCO printed on it. Thats how I know mine was a SAMCO. I would have to take it off to take a pic but its there I would not have known it was a SAMCO otherwise.
They once used Samco hoses so if you are buying old NEW stock, it will be Samco. induction, boost hoses and radiator hoses. The new US hoses are not Samco. Not sure where they are made now but they are not the same as Samco. I've had some of the early Samco Mountune silicone on my first Fiesta back in PA, was pretty nice actually.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
It has SAMCO printed on it. Thats how I know mine was a SAMCO.
They once used Samco hoses so if you are buying old NEW stock, it will be Samco. induction, boost hoses and radiator hoses. The new US hoses are not Samco. Not sure where they are made now but they are not the same as Samco. I've had some of the early Samco Mountune silicone on my first Fiesta back in PA, was pretty nice actually.
Samco is nice stuff. I bought a bunch of their hoses so I might have gotten some new old stock. Regardless there is nothing wrong with the fit of Intake Hose or the build. I think people are making more of this than need to. I do know if one does not get the hose on your crossover pipe all the way it cause the line to hit the airbox. Because I run your crossover pipe with the Hose. Lol

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
Samco is nice stuff. I bought a bunch of their hoses so I might have gotten some new old stock. Regardless there is nothing wrong with the fit of Intake Hose or the build. I think people are making more of this than need to. I do know if one does not get the hose on your crossover pipe all the way it cause the line to hit the airbox. Because I run your crossover pipe with the Hose. Lol
How far did you get the mt hose onto the crossover? Mines like 1.5”, to get it further I think I’m gonna have to pry it off with a screwdriver and re-lube lol. The cerakote is grippy so that bastard is ON there, even without the hose clamp.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
How far did you get the mt hose onto the crossover? Mines like 1.5”, to get it further I think I’m gonna have to pry it off with a screwdriver and re-lube lol. The cerakote is grippy so that bastard is ON there, even without the hose clamp.
Ya I will take pic how far mine is on. My crossover pipe was not cerakoted but it was a tight fit .

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
Ya I will take pic how far mine is on. My crossover pipe was not cerakoted but it was a tight fit .
The cerakote surface is like 800 grit sandpaper so... I might just have to leave it where it is lol

Installed my induction hose today, it looks good but one of the lines rubs against the box. I've attached some photos. I put some electrical tape to prevent any damage to the line that is rubbing.

Attachments

Just for the record, the mountune adapter could be fitted onto other intakes. but just make sure the intake's tube connection is around .37-.38 inch diameter.
CPE is .385-.387 due to powdercoat and will not fit at all, a quick 400 then 800 sand paper took care of it. I will probably install the intake this weekend, and will have a mountune hose and whoosh adapter for sale very soon.