Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune intercooler when perfect fitment is priority number one.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Supposedly, there are heat shedding coatings out there, as the place which does my Cerakoting for me claims to have this for intercoolers/radiators, but not too sure I believe that's a possible reality. [dunno]

$600 is just too much to stomach. More than double a Whoosh V1 is crazy. If I have to massage my bumper cover a bit I can live with it for that cost.

The radiator on sale for $475 is a steal compared to $600, for what is likely the smallest IC upgrade on the market. Obviously CSF has their cost controls in check, wish Mountune could do the same. Love the perfect fit idea, and Mountune's OEM+ rep but I can't swallow that with so many other good FMIC options in the $300-450 range.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
$600 is just too much to stomach. More than double a Whoosh V1 is crazy. If I have to massage my bumper cover a bit I can live with it for that cost.

The radiator on sale for $475 is a steal compared to $600, for what is likely the smallest IC upgrade on the market. Obviously CSF has their cost controls in check, wish Mountune could do the same. Love the perfect fit idea, and Mountune's OEM+ rep but I can't swallow that with so many other good FMIC options in the $300-450 range.
My Mountune interooler cost my $365 and no its no longer the smallest intercooler on the market we have been over this before the specs and size of the current Mountune intercooler is not the same as the one listed in that intercooler faq/comparison thread. That thread is way out of date.

P.S. If you buy the FB3 package like I did you get the RMM , The Mountune intake kit ( ST200 Airbox prototype) and air filter, Open Cobb AP and the intercooler for around $1100 with discounts. that drives the price of everything down significantly. Its why I bought it it was the cheapest to get critical mod parts.

But ya I am not telling you to buy just pointing out options. I would go for a either a CPE at this point if I were you or a Whoosh version 3 intercooler wise.

My Mountune interooler cost my $365 and no its no longer the smallest intercooler on the market we have been over this before the specs and size of the current Mountune intercooler is not the same as the one listed in that intercooler faq/comparison thread. That thread is way out of date.

P.S. If you buy the FB3 package like I did you get the RMM , The Mountune intake kit ( ST200 Airbox prototype) and air filter, Open Cobb AP and the intercooler for around $1100 with discounts. that drives the price of everything down significantly. Its why I bought it it was the cheapest to get critical mod parts.

But ya I am not telling you to buy just pointing out options. I would go for a either a CPE at this point if I were you or a Whoosh version 3 intercooler wise.

The packages are the way to go. Not trying to bag on your choice at all. I just chose not too because I thought not all of their components made the most sense.

I have, will, and would pay a premium for their quality but sometimes their pricing is way out of line.

If I could get their IC with the perfect fitment bonus for something more in line with the rest of the world I might. Buying it separately at a huge $500+ number is just too much.

OP
Ford ST

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
We all have different priorities, and you can get it for $509 all day long.
$200 is nothing to me.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
The packages are the way to go. Not trying to bag on your choice at all. I just chose not too because I thought not all of their components made the most sense.

I have, will, and would pay a premium for their quality but sometimes their pricing is way out of line.

If I could get their IC with the perfect fitment bonus for something more in line with the rest of the world I might. Buying it separately at a huge $500+ number is just too much.
Oh no I do not think your bagging. Fact is I bought the package, and after all was said and done . I had the intercooler for $365 the AP for $365 the RMM for $110, the airbox for $250 roughly. I sold the Airbox for$250 and swapped in a ST200 box with an uprated air filter for the $250 I got from selling the Mountune one.
It got me into a new AP dirt cheap with a custom Mountune tune. The RMM was like hey its decent why not. The intercooler price at the time was great because Ron had not even made his version 1. So it was essentially a cheap way into a new intercooler. I should add I was going to sell it because I did not install it immediately and Ron did start making intercoolers but I decided hey I have it put it on and run it. After all I had no turbo plans at that point.

. Plus Mountune is using it with their MRX big turbo kit so its definitely not like the original tube and fin they were selling as it is a bar and plate with more rows of core.
I an fine for the money. You would probably die at the fact I got my Mountune radiator for $365 new in the box. . The trick is not to buy the shit when you absolutely need it but to buy it when see the deal.

I should add the price on the website is not the final price as they usually have some kinda of discount code running that knocks anywhere from 10%-20% off depending on the time of year.
In my case I bought my package on their labor day sale so it took over $110 right off the top of their price. Now I am not telling you this to convince you to buy it just showing you if shop smart you can get deals.

Last edited:
OP
Ford ST

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #29
Not trying to argue but I did measure it before I installed it and it's fairly similar to the measurements I posted.
The whole reason it fits perfectly is because it's about a half inch less thick than everything else.
Now it does have a longer core length than some of the others about 29 in.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
[
Not trying to argue but I did measure it before I installed it and it's fairly similar to the measurements I posted.
The whole reason it fits perfectly is because it's about a half inch less thick than everything else.
Now it does have a longer core length than some of the others about 29 in.

No I don’t think you are . I actually counted the rows of it vs the rows of the original and came up with two more rows of cooling . Thats possible with Bar and plate because the rows are packed more densely. Tube and Fin has always been designed with cross flow in mind so you will have less core for the sake of air flow in the same dimensions.
That is actually why Bar and plate will take longer to heatsoak but stay heatsoaked longer vs Tube and Fin which will heatsoak quicker but cool down from heatsoak quicker.

Tube and Fin were always designed for Automotive applications whereas bar and plate were adapted to Automotive applications from Industrial use.

OP
Ford ST

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #31
[

No I don’t think you are . I actually counted the rows of it vs the rows of the original and came up with two more rows of cooling . Thats possible with Bar and plate because the rows are packed more densely. Tube and Fin has always been designed with cross flow in mind so you will have less core for the sake of air flow in the same dimensions.
That is actually why Bar and plate will take longer to heatsoak but stay heatsoaked longer vs Tube and Fin which will heatsoak quicker but cool down from heatsoak quicker.

Tube and Fin were always designed for Automotive applications whereas bar and plate were adapted to Automotive applications from Industrial use.
Definitely has more density to it for sure.
I believe the original mountune intercooler was about 9 lb the shipping weight on this one was 17.

The discounts and packages may all be nice but then don't put BS $599 prices on an IC that they can do well on in a package or holiday sale or whatever at $365, even $450 or something.

I want them to make money, I want them to keep making shit for us, they make some of the best products. But I don't want them to be let out of some fairly questionable pricing structures and customer service rep because of the name. Many people that dont see this thread pay full booty/crazy price for the name because they can. Enabling it through purchase continues the cycle.

"$200 means nothing to me" etc. It's $200. Look at the Radiator and the IC and try and figure out why the IC lists at even more. The rad has way more work and fab and material into it. I assume because CSF builds it to the Mount specs and can do it a lot cheaper.

Nobody should have to buy $1000 worth of package shit and sell a couple bits, jumping through FS forum threads, that they don't love for $X00 to get a deal. Just make the shit well like they do and price it accordingly, i.e. more than the "cheap" stuff but not absurd.