Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Quick Shift Back to Stock

Brianmc27

Does anyone have a write up on how to return the Mountune unit back to stock? How does one go about getting the ball back on to the shift arm?

Thanks!

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Does anyone have a write up on how to return the Mountune unit back to stock? How does one go about getting the ball back on to the shift arm?

Thanks!

Thanks!
I can't help you with how to do it, but I'm just curious why you're doing it. Are you unhappy with it in some way?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Do you have the tool that comes with the quick shift? Use that to pull the pin, then use some loctite to put it back to original.

OP
Brianmc27

Brianmc27

Thread Starter #4
I can't help you with how to do it, but I'm just curious why you're doing it. Are you unhappy with it in some way?
I think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread! I have it with the shifter base and trans mount solid bushings and I love it.

Just starting to part out.

DangerMouse

It’s not the easiest to do. I had to do it when i installed the coolerworx. I removed the whole shift assembly from the transmission. Carefully put it in a vice and used the mountune pin removal tool and a dead blow hammer to get the stock pin back in the shifter assembly. If you are parting out the car, I would probably just leave it on and let the next owner have it. Not really worth the trouble. Here are a couple pics before and after. Doesn’t really help but it is possible to do. Just depends on how much work you feel like doing. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Yeah, IF this car ever goes, for ANY reason at all, even a repo, they can have my Mountune short shift plate, AND the boomba under hood bracket bushings as well. [wink] [:)]