Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune RMM failure

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just remember ...THAT ALL MOUNTS NEED TIME TO BREAK IN....If its harsh give it some time and it usually improves or you get used to it. I don't mind vibrations......But if you have a tune you can have your tuner bump up the idle also if you think its too harsh. Good luck....do a review also for posterity!

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did you pull the bushings out of the RMM hard frame to grease? When I greased mine shortly before the failure, I pulled it completely apart, including the metal sleeves the bolts go through and put grease everywhere. Wondering if I took something apart that wasn’t supposed to...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No. You just do the sides. Don't take apart a brand new piece. The plastic is not supposed to move.
Yeah, they won't replace it now.
I really like mine. Firm, but not too vibey. Should last the life of the car.

OP
DoomsdayMelody

DoomsdayMelody

Thread Starter #23
No. You just do the sides. Don't take apart a brand new piece. The plastic is not supposed to move.
I guess we’ll see I’m actually gonna run an experiment and degrease the mountune RMM to see if that was the cause, either way still gonna give the whoosh a shot and sell whichever one I don’t like provided I can either fix or rebuild the mountune.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I'd push for a replacement from mountune *if* the instructions are unclear about what you are supposed to grease. What might be obvious to some is not obvious to others, and Mountune's big enough that their legal team should be reviewing their install instructions prior to public release.

OP
DoomsdayMelody

DoomsdayMelody

Thread Starter #25
Well, I don’t think the failure had anything to do with grease, disassembled the RMM today, the front (small) bushings are cracked. They cracked kind of oddly, one side cracked the portion that is visible without disassembling the RMM the other side looked fine until I pulled it out and you can clearly see the extent of the damage.
IMG_1858.jpg