Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MRX Short block aux fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Well replacing the tank is part of the recall so they’re not replacing it because it lasts forever
I thought about this - the reason they're replacing the tank is for the level sensor. It's currently not built to have a bung where the level sensor needs to go.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
So... What happened here? OP hasn’t posted in three weeks? Maybe there’s more to the story than he let on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just want to thank you for this thread. Because you are taking the same approach that I will. BTW, have built quite a few Small Block Chevy's over the years and have found that compromising to save a few bucks ALWAYS come back to cost MORE than going first class from the start. So I stand 100% beside you on starting with the Mountune Short Block. Fact is the price on that is so good that I'll be storing one in my garage for the day when I decide to go to a larger turbo. Also hope to find a decent used engine so I can do a bit of porting on the head if I see any issues with the stock head. I'm also pleased to see that you have already tested the stock clutch and allowed me to not make that mistake.

As for now, my plan is to go with the Mountune MR230 tune with an Accessport. Seems to me that it's conservative enough for the stock block and tranny.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Nope...hes waiting for Teardown to happen at CP-E by Mitch.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Tear down doesn’t take this long...unless they put him in queue. But, I know what it looks like to tuck your tail and walk away... He went from being a constant poster to quiet almost over night. That’s definitely tucking tail, man.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Tear down doesn’t take this long...unless they put him in queue. But, I know what it looks like to tuck your tail and walk away... He went from being a constant poster to quiet almost over night. That’s definitely tucking tail, man.

Won't hear me complaining... :censored:

Quisp

1000 Post Club

He seemed very knowledgeable, hard to believe he's not tackling this himself.

Sent from my SM-A205U1 using Tapatalk

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Just want to thank you for this thread. Because you are taking the same approach that I will. BTW, have built quite a few Small Block Chevy's over the years and have found that compromising to save a few bucks ALWAYS come back to cost MORE than going first class from the start. So I stand 100% beside you on starting with the Mountune Short Block. Fact is the price on that is so good that I'll be storing one in my garage for the day when I decide to go to a larger turbo. Also hope to find a decent used engine so I can do a bit of porting on the head if I see any issues with the stock head. I'm also pleased to see that you have already tested the stock clutch and allowed me to not make that mistake.

As for now, my plan is to go with the Mountune MR230 tune with an Accessport. Seems to me that it's conservative enough for the stock block and tranny.
What type of flow bench do you have? Home built or Superflow ?

What type of flow bench do you have? Home built or Superflow ?

I'm really old school, I port by instinct. Yeah, not the least bit techy but flow benches really didn't come into use until the 80's and I did most of my builds in the early to late 70's. After that they were all personal engines.

As for MRX330 not posting, we need to remember he has poured a LOT of money into that car of his and it's now going to cost a lot more. Most likely he's considering whether he wants to put another 6 to 10 thousand into the car. That's the problem with these max power builds, get one little detail just a tiny bit wrong and you end up with a blown engine. If he concludes his best option is to find a low miles used engine and put that into his car I wouldn't blame him a bit for that choice. Lets all keep our fingers crossed that ll he needs to put his car back in working order will be a new head gasket.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.