Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Muffler Delete Question

Does anyone have decibel readings of just a resonator delete? I live in SoCal and the limit is 95. Full stock exhaust is in 70 to 80 range, I believe.

I bought a fiesta st that had a muffler delete. It sounded like arse, looked like shit from the rear due to the tiny tip and turns out the exhaust rusted though where they welded new pipe so I had to replace the whole thing anyways. I would recommend buying a Vibrant Street muffler and replacing the factory muffler with it. Yes it will be a bit more money but it sound a whole lot better.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

the other option for you guys is to cut factory muffler open and gut it then weld the hole closed.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Does anyone have decibel readings of just a resonator delete? I live in SoCal and the limit is 95. Full stock exhaust is in 70 to 80 range, I believe.
don’t do a muffler delete it sounds awful and will drone quite badly inside the car. People that claim it doesn’t drone are wrong, they’ve simply lost their hearing in that range.

don’t do a muffler delete it sounds awful and will drone quite badly inside the car. People that claim it doesn’t drone are wrong, they’ve simply lost their hearing in that range.
I won't do that. I don't want to compromise the exhaust system without replacing it properly. I did do a resonator delete, which I read doesn't do much other than muffle sound more. Backpressure testing is minimal to nonexistent. Again, from what I read.

DoomsdayMelody

I have done the resonator delete, I’m up in San Jose. It’s not louder, it just makes the tone a bit more burbly. It does add a small amount of drone inside the car but I have a symposer delete kit that’s been laying around for months now in case I ever feel like trying to do something about it, as is it’s perfectly tolerable for me and CHP didn’t even ask about exhaust when the pulled me over last month.

I have done the resonator delete, I’m up in San Jose. It’s not louder, it just makes the tone a bit more burbly. It does add a small amount of drone inside the car but I have a symposer delete kit that’s been laying around for months now in case I ever feel like trying to do something about it, as is it’s perfectly tolerable for me and CHP didn’t even ask about exhaust when the pulled me over last month.
I got lots of compliments with just a resonator delete as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk