Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MX5 wheel hubs?

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
I heard on another forum these are interchangable with ours. Does anyone have any additional information about this? If so, it could open us up to the possibility of far more rims than we have at the moment. I'm not a fan of messing with the structural integrity of my hubs so I'm not gonna have then machined. Also, my concern about using adapter is most of the spacers are an inch. I'd like to put a 8 or 8.5 inch tire on my car with minimal rolls to the fenders and I feel like adding that much spacing would create an issue.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Mazda wheels are mostly 4x100 (JDM).
Our wheels are 4x108 (USDM)

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Theres a lot of factors for front hubs. Spline count, depth, how the bearing surface is machined etc. I do wonder if mazda 2 stuff could be adapted up front. Rear might be easier to figure out. Just nees the donor car's spindle and hub. Then make a plate for mounting brakes, that uses the spindle's bolt holes as well. ( you will gain rear track width this way)

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Theres a lot of factors for front hubs. Spline count, depth, how the bearing surface is machined etc. I do wonder if mazda 2 stuff could be adapted up front. Rear might be easier to figure out. Just nees the donor car's spindle and hub. Then make a plate for mounting brakes, that uses the spindle's bolt holes as well. ( you will gain rear track width this way)
It was looked into and I believe tried years ago on Fiestast.net There are threads over there about hell I think there are even old threads here about it.
If it did work it would have been all over and no one would have made jigs too redrill hubs or used spacers that swap the lug pattern,

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
It was looked into and I believe tried years ago on Fiestast.net There are threads over there about hell I think there are even old threads here about it.
If it did work it would have been all over and no one would have made jigs too redrill hubs or used spacers that swap the lug pattern,
I'm beginning to think that it was so hard to adapt no one would do it. What your saying makes sense, if it was that easy why would anyone worry about the other ways to change hubs... Hm maybe I'll pick up some junkyard parts and try it. Shouldnt be more than say 100 bucks for just the rear?

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Just found some actually. M sport makes 5 lug wheel hubs for their r2 fiesta. They are about 400 for everything, minus the brembo brakes that they are designed to fit with. Not sure if you have to buy the entire r2 kit...

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just found some actually. M sport makes 5 lug wheel hubs for their r2 fiesta. They are about 400 for everything, minus the brembo brakes that they are designed to fit with. Not sure if you have to buy the entire r2 kit...

They are 5x108 (focus) pattern though. Still not many wheel options there.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
They are 5x108 (focus) pattern though. Still not many wheel options there.
Well even if I wanted to order something from the UK... Which I do... The damn Corona virus is messing with my project plans -.-

CSM

1000 Post Club
Its not a direct swap. The rear is a royal PITA IIRC. Look up Fiestast.org and fiestast.net they were the popular forums when the car was introduced and there are a few threads there.

Used to be a guy selling a complete 4x100 conversion package with new hubs somewhere but it was $400+???

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Used to be a guy selling a complete 4x100 conversion package with new hubs somewhere but it was $400+???
Alex will still make the hubs for you, but the price of the hubs from ford is considerably more expensive than it used to be. They're about $75 each now, and they used to be like $40. I think he quoted me at like $350 for labor if I sent him the hubs and rotors.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Plus, I DO believe that these will necessarily do away with any capability to retain the ABS, or other nannies, IF that is a deciding factor for anyone. [wink]
I do not believe so, you use the stock axles, and the stock bearing. IIRC the bearing carries the magnet for the ABS sensor.

CSM

1000 Post Club
Alex will still make the hubs for you, but the price of the hubs from ford is considerably more expensive than it used to be. They're about $75 each now, and they used to be like $40. I think he quoted me at like $350 for labor if I sent him the hubs and rotors.
Thanks for the update good to know its still an option. Kind of pricey when you compare to the price of some of the newer 4x108 options we have available now

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I personally would never even consider the 4x100 option unless someone could make them up for us as the ONLY bolt pattern on factory fit/function hubs (worry over stress risers/etc., yup despite all of those open tracking with them! [wink]), which seems to be an impossibility at this time.[:(]

I heard on another forum these are interchangable with ours. Does anyone have any additional information about this? If so, it could open us up to the possibility of far more rims than we have at the moment. I'm not a fan of messing with the structural integrity of my hubs so I'm not gonna have then machined. Also, my concern about using adapter is most of the spacers are an inch. I'd like to put a 8 or 8.5 inch tire on my car with minimal rolls to the fenders and I feel like adding that much spacing would create an issue.
In the SCCA B-Spec rules, the following statement is made for the 11-19 Fiesta:
"Mazda front hub D651-33-06 and rear hub D651-26-15XE allowed. 4x100 bolt pattern wheel allowed."
Seems to me it might work. The rear hub is for the drum brake model but that doesn't mean anything... if you take the Fiesta ST rear hub apart, you will find that it's splined and other hubs can be pressed into the carrier.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
In the SCCA B-Spec rules, the following statement is made for the 11-19 Fiesta:
"Mazda front hub D651-33-06 and rear hub D651-26-15XE allowed. 4x100 bolt pattern wheel allowed."
Seems to me it might work. The rear hub is for the drum brake model but that doesn't mean anything... if you take the Fiesta ST rear hub apart, you will find that it's splined and other hubs can be pressed into the carrier.
I believe these refer to the Mazda2 hubs, not the miata.