Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My HS Journey

OP
Rexracer
Thread Starter #22
So I bit the bullet and picked up an Eibach FRONT sway. Quick test drive showed how much incredibly flatter it holds the car on corners, but definitely seems to push more going into a corner hard. I had my daily tires on, not the sticky tires so not sure how bad it will be.

Ill be testing it out this weekend in Packwood.

OP
Rexracer
Thread Starter #26
Yesterday (Saturday), we ran an event with another club in the area, the BCA (Bridge City Autosports) at Sanderson field. It was the Cone Challenge, so a 9 cone slalom spaced 90ft apart going out, turn around then a 10 cone 70ft spacing slalom coming back...
But before we did that, we did a relay race, so random draw teams of 4 drivers. To get the "baton" (rice field stuffed animal) from car to car, there was a runner in the middle, but in a box, so the closest they could get to the car was 15ft. This created all sorts of hi-jinx of tossing the baton, hitting the windshield, going over the car etc. At the point the baton hit the car, the runner could run around get the baton, and get to the driver. This also meant that if the baton went into say the back seat, or during the run the driver lost the baton, there were times the runner would be diving into cars to look for it. It was a TON of fun.

Back to the cone challenge. The only class's were street tires and race tires, so no awesome HS class advantage.

short video of the fun
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2WFzY-0cdc&t=3s

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It's so smoky/hazy there that you can barely see the damn things until you are right up on them!
Also, since your mind and muscle/reflex memory is still 'imprinted' on the spacing of the first slalom setup, the tighter second one becomes a severe challenge. [wink] [:(]

OP
Rexracer
Thread Starter #28
Also, since your mind and muscle/reflex memory is still 'imprinted' on the spacing of the first slalom setup, the tighter second one becomes a severe challenge. [wink] [:(]
Compared to home, it actually was really good, couldnā€™t even smell the smoke, I thought I was just getting use to it, but as I approached Portland I got a headache from the smoke.
combined with the muscle memory, there was a large run up before starting the timer, so easy to get at the speed you wanted to go. On the return there was a tight turn around, so your accelerating into the first few cones, which made it easy to overshoot. LOTS of people hitting cones 4-10...
Looking closer at the times, I would have beat the McLaren on Hoosiers...if my fast run was clean.

OP
Rexracer
Thread Starter #31
With a BIG assist from mother nature, I got top PAX time on BOTH of the events this weekend. Saturday we ran 2nd, and it was super wet in the morning, stopping as our group got started, and ending with some sections that are even dry. Sunday, the track was moist, with light sprinkles, but right as group 2 was starting, it started raining, and rained most of the session. There was 65 on Saturday and 60 on Sunday, fairly light attendance, but the "fast" ProPax guys were all there.

Attachments

OP
Rexracer
Thread Starter #33
Yeah, it was a steep learning curve, and the car is far less forgiving of abrupt throttle inputs, but once you learn to be patient, let the car get around the corner and feed in power, you get around the corners way faster, so you can get on the power way sooner.

OP
Rexracer
Thread Starter #35
Ha, yeah I was wondering where you were at! Wanted to talk Medford Enduro records. Looked like you had a bunch of them!

Just 2, one in my not-competitive-at-all SM 240sx (that I still have but just do track days in) and the STX record in my BRZ. BRZ is a lot quicker now so I should bring it out on a052s and see what it will do.

OP
Rexracer
Thread Starter #37
Just 2, one in my not-competitive-at-all SM 240sx (that I still have but just do track days in) and the STX record in my BRZ. BRZ is a lot quicker now so I should bring it out on a052s and see what it will do.
A certain EVO was sure to take your SM one away. ;-)