Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My official Race Chip thread 2.0 -

Ok got my chip today but it was nearly 8pm when it arrived. Since the instructions are for a VW (yes the chip is for my FIST), i have a small problem installing it. There are 4 male plugs and the corresponding 4 females, but i have no idea what 3 of them are for. One will go to the turbo boost sensor but not sure about the other 3 so im gonna have to either find instructions online or call them tomorrow morning to get an email of the diagram.

But it's here and i will have it up and running by early tomorrow. Incidentally, this is the most complex of the kits i have seen so far, no other cars i have seen installing a race chip had this many sensor interceptors, and i think that's a good thing. So the wait is almost over kiddies, i will soon have evidence one way or the other!

jeff

2000 Post Club
Good luck with your Race Chip. I shared my thoughts in your other thread so I won't add much to this. You will get gains and you will be happy and feel good about your purchase. It does bug me that for $350 you didn't even get the right instructions - that further supports my impression of this product, and says something. But good luck, hope you don't ruin your car.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
So it's definitely doing some serious sensor manipulation then.
Honestly I hope you're able to hook it up, and it works out for you.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #7
Good luck man, hope the wrong instructions is not a forbearer of whats to come.
It's not as much the wrong ones as it is their default. EVERY person who orders one gets those same instructions even with German cars like a Porsche, i watched half a dozen people say the same, i just didn't realize the FIST kit was so many plugs. I remember seeing somebody with a FIST install one and it had 2 sensors to deal with, but that could have been a European FIST, it's also possible this chip is the newest version as they have had many iterations over the last 10 years.

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #9
So it's definitely doing some serious sensor manipulation then.
Honestly I hope you're able to hook it up, and it works out for you.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
My sentiments too but i think that's a good thing. More sensors means more control, to make everything work better. One of the things people kept saying in the other thread is just altering one sensor reading is bad bc the others aren't changed ect, so maybe this is part of the evolution of this chip.

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #10
Please keep this one on point.
Sometimes i watch my kids and wonder if they will do something they are not supposed to (sneak a cookie or something before dinner). I think about warning them not to, but then i remember, it's possible my bringing it up is exactly what sets that act in motion. Without me reminding them about the cookies, they would have carried on with their day.

But thanks for the reminder dad !

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Sometimes i watch my kids and wonder if they will do something they are not supposed to (sneak a cookie or something before dinner). I think about warning them not to, but then i remember, it's possible my bringing it up is exactly what sets that act in motion. Without me reminding them about the cookies, they would have carried on with their day.

But thanks for the reminder dad !
This one is simple...I ask My Gfs son all the time an open ended question and make him think. I'm trying to bring up a child who can critically think for himself and not depend on others.[whip]

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
In for results... Other options in tuning are always welcomed.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk