Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My son bought a 2019 FiST

View: https://youtu.be/sM-7T_IE2KA

You can barely notice the vibration in the video but you can feel it if your hand is on the shifter. Does not do it every time and doesn’t do it in any other gears as bad.
Still betting on the rear mount, heads up not typically a good idea to rest your hand on the shift knob. Slightest tension can cause wear on the synchros

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Welcome !
ya the video does not show much just seems like you are driving the car in 1st.
Not sure what to tell you I swapped my RMM at like 1k I did not notice any kind of vibe. If you do the powerflex side mount you will notice a little vibe initially but it will mellow out.
As far as what you are trying to show us here its really hard for us to tell. Plus it does not help because you still have your sound symposer making all sorts of extra noise.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Now that I'm awake today....my 2019 feels extra vibey in first also, but for a little 4, at 5k rpms, I'm not surprised and not worried about mine. My Vstrom 1000 Vtwin is the same way. YMMV or Y-NVH-MV

OP
ArabianOak
Thread Starter #25
How much will this cobb stage 1 wake her up? Seems like a good jump in TQ but not much HP??? Will it feel much faster to an 18 year old? haha

How much will this cobb stage 1 wake her up? Seems like a good jump in TQ but not much HP??? Will it feel much faster to an 18 year old? haha
Best mod for the seat of your pants feel is a flash tune by one of the tuners in this forum dizzy, stratified are the most common and you’ll feel it a lot more than a Cobb ots map

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
58, but I am still 18 when I get behind the wheel. I am sure I will get in big trouble one day soon. I just can't stay off the throttle...
I have all three on my used AP (cobb, dizzy, strat, stage 2, 93 octane) I tried the Stage 1 and it was minimal, but noticable. Kind of like how my knees feel a minute or two after moving around on a long distance pit stop.

I have only had continuous time with the Cobb. I tried each for about 2 days and then set it on Cobb and trying it out for ~2 weeks. I'm moving over to Strat tomorrow for two weeks. All three were MUCH more torque than stock of course. You can feel the pull now. It reminds me of my old Volvo V70! Torque is king. I'm sure those with more time will provide more insight or search the forum or go to the Tuning section.

Last edited:

Flaco

2000 Post Club
Welcome, I didn't notice any vibes in the vid you posted. But what manual dose not have some vibes. Every manual I've driven in 45 years you can feel some vibes. But yah all of us have changed the RRM. I have the Powerflex, Whoosh sells a really nice street mount as others have said. Worth the $.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act makes it illegal for companies to void your warranty or deny coverage under the warranty simply because you used an aftermarket or recycled part. The problem is they use the "because our ASE mechanic said it caused it" line and there are few recourses for you. Go to another dealer? Pay to get an indpendent shop to prove it did not? I like to tell them to show me in print a history of part X causing part Y to fail.....

OP
ArabianOak
Thread Starter #38
Hey gang….just installed the cobb stage 1 91 octane tune (tune, drop in filter)...very nice gains! I did the 91 octane tune, is it worth it to do 93 octane on the tune? How much power is left on the table staying at 91 as opposed to 93 with the cobb stage 1?

I will be installing the rear motor mount shortly as well.

Hey gang….just installed the cobb stage 1 91 octane tune (tune, drop in filter)...very nice gains! I did the 91 octane tune, is it worth it to do 93 octane on the tune? How much power is left on the table staying at 91 as opposed to 93 with the cobb stage 1?

I will be installing the rear motor mount shortly as well.
On an ots map (cobbs pre made maps) the difference is negligible. A flashtune from a pro tuner on here will make a big difference