Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My thoughts have now changed

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm with @fk8fist on reliability being a big factor in whatever performance car I own. For whatever it's worth, from everything I've read the best reliable power vs cost benefit is s280 with uprated injectors paired with a ported/tubular manifold.

I am not sure there is any benefit to uprated injectors and ported manifold if you're not going to run e30 as most people here have written you're up against the knock ceiling so more fuel won't equal more power.

i run an adapt-X e30 tune on a stock turbo/WGA and it's at another level. it's noticeably stronger at all points of the rev range. i think @jeff said it best that the adapt-X e30 tune is what the Fiesta always should have been. Dizzy has a $75 e30 tune if you're anywhere close to an ethanol station and people here really like that tune.

if i was trying to convince someone to keep their Fiesta that would be my argument. i don't want to go big turbo anymore as now i'm just trying to figure out ways to get that power to the ground without going LSD. p.s. i know it's a losing battle but I still have three years on my powertrain warranty and passenger motor mount/ transmission mount/rear camber plates/front camber bolts might keep my mind and pocketbook happy enough.
I think that you may have answered this already elsewhere (if so, I forgot the answer), but, which E85 station do you go to, as I believe the one in Shamong is now closed, or does not carry E85 anymore, correct?

jeff

2000 Post Club
Ya I said it earlier and I feel your on the right path with an S280 . Even Jeff mention in his own threads that he felt the sweet spot powerwise for this car was around 280whp. My friends who are long term FiST owners tend to feel the same way one had 2860 gen II and the other has a Revo242 which is actually the S280’s smaller older brother. I tend to agree at 284 whp the car is about perfect for street and canyons. I start going higher and it’s just a handful. Mind you fun but would get old I feel. You want a car with well over 300whp all day and drive on the street IMO RWD.
This is post of the year right here folks. 280 wheel is enough. More than enough. Any more the Fiesta loses it's balance for daily use. Really anything over 280 is only useful if you want to beat a new mustang.

I think that you may have answered this already elsewhere (if so, I forgot the answer), but, which E85 station do you go to, as I believe the one in Shamong is now closed, or does not carry E85 anymore, correct?
1666180113667.png

I visit the Cinnaminson 130 Truck Stop. It says it's Conoco but it's changed to Pilot. They still serve e85 raw and uncut though (okay...cut to 85). There's a Wawa in North Philly that has flexfuel that I'll use if I'm visiting a friend who lives nearby. I'm always using flexfuel as a last resort though cause I don't have an ethanol gauge yet and that stuff can vary from e50-e80ish from what i keep hearing.

the E85 Stations - eFlexFuel Technology site has been accurate for me so far. I sometimes drive to the Midwest to visit family and this site has never been wrong in letting me know which stations have ethanol (it's usually flexfuel and not full e85 but that Cinnaminson stop is full e85).

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
View attachment 51976

I visit the Cinnaminson 130 Truck Stop. It says it's Conoco but it's changed to Pilot. They still serve e85 raw and uncut though (okay...cut to 85). There's a Wawa in North Philly that has flexfuel that I'll use if I'm visiting a friend who lives nearby. I'm always using flexfuel as a last resort though cause I don't have an ethanol gauge yet and that stuff can vary from e50-e80ish from what i keep hearing.

the E85 Stations - eFlexFuel Technology site has been accurate for me so far. I sometimes drive to the Midwest to visit family and this site has never been wrong in letting me know which stations have ethanol (it's usually flexfuel and not full e85 but that Cinnaminson stop is full e85).
THANK YOU! [twothumb]

CSM

1000 Post Club
Ya I said it earlier and I feel your on the right path with an S280 . Even Jeff mention in his own threads that he felt the sweet spot powerwise for this car was around 280whp. My friends who are long term FiST owners tend to feel the same way one had 2860 gen II and the other has a Revo242 which is actually the S280’s smaller older brother. I tend to agree at 284 whp the car is about perfect for street and canyons. I start going higher and it’s just a handful. Mind you fun but would get old I feel. You want a car with well over 300whp all day and drive on the street IMO RWD.
I totally agree with this. I consider my Fiesta "Finished", and have zero desire for crazy HP numbers. It just totally throws off the balance of the car, especially given that we can barely fit any appreciable tire width under our fenders.

I love how no matter how much you add to our car, it is still simple and fun to drive. Makes me want to barf looking at all the drive modes, digital drive settings, etc in modern cars like the Elantra N - just look at the dumb big red button on the steering wheel. Can't stand having to press 5 buttons to just put my car into a non-eco mode with less hand holding.

OP
fk8fist
Thread Starter #47
The guy traded the one back in I originally did the PDI on. It now has 7k miles. I’ve replaced the turbo oil return already at 1k miles because it was leaking. I already drove it(it’s a manual, not a dct) and it has no character like the Fiesta. The power is very linear and bland. The lsd feels like a joke. It feels heavy. The gauge cluster and display etc are def very overwhelming in the car like mentioned.
They are def starting to hit the scene in more negative way than I thought lol. A lot of drama around them already.