Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My thoughts have now changed

Dpro

6000 Post Club
That’s beyond impressive. What all is done to your car?
When he did my tune I had a whoosh crossover pipe and st200 intake now I have a cobb 3 inch crossover and intake . Mountune sportcat downpipe thermal exhaust , Mountune bar and plate intercooler turbosmart EM blowoff valve .

pulled 284 whp and 284 ft lbs TQ on a 91 tune at 27 lbs boost. On E30 pulled 340 ft lbs TQ! o_O:love: and just under 300 hp. That was a E30 base tune without injectors.

Last edited:
OP
fk8fist
Thread Starter #23
When he did my tune I had a whoosh crossover pipe and st200 intake now I have a cobb 3 inch crossover and intake . Mountune sportcat downpipe thermal exhaust , Mountune bar and plate intercooler turbosmart EM blowoff valve .

pulled 284 whp and 284 ft lbs TQ on a 91 tune at 27 lbs boost. On E30 pulled 340 ft lbs TQ! o_O:love: and just under 300 hp. That was a E30 base tune without injectors.
Wow that’s super impressive. I’d imagine I’d net somewhere close to the same. 🤔

Zormecteon

This really is quite simple..

Flip a coin. Yes or No to keep the car. ... If it's truly a 50/50... that will tell you.... If it turns out you don't like the answer, that's another answer.

OP
fk8fist
Thread Starter #25
This really is quite simple..

Flip a coin. Yes or No to keep the car. ... If it's truly a 50/50... that will tell you.... If it turns out you don't like the answer, that's another answer.
I’m not that set in tossing the FiST. I’ve been a Ford person a very long time. I wouldn’t leave it up to a coin toss lol.

Upgrading the turbo in this car totally transforms it. Depends why you want out. If it’s because the car feels slow I can say that even on stock fuel, upgrading the turbo is a massive change when it pulls all the way to redline.
this is worth the Garret correct? Is the pull to redline better than than S280?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
He seems to be the S280 tuning guy from what I can see. How many revisions did it take you? I only have 92 pump gas locally which sucks.
There are a lot of good tuners. They all know the S280.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
the s280 is the best overall if you want the car to perform like stock on the very bottom but have get up and go in the mid and hi end. With the Garrett you are not going to have a lot before 4-4500 rpm.

OP
fk8fist
Thread Starter #32
the s280 is the best overall if you want the car to perform like stock on the very bottom but have get up and go in the mid and hi end. With the Garrett you are not going to have a lot before 4-4500 rpm.
I like the bottom end character of the stock turbo, maybe even a tad more lag, and pulling past redline instead of falling off.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Get a GEN2 GTX2860R with a TIAL.52 SS Exhaust turbine housing...never look back. Talk to Will @ WOR fabrications to see if he can make you a Tubular manifold and DP with V-band with External TIAL wastgate setup.

Housing, Turbine, TiAL P/N 004097, Stainless, GT28/GTX28, .52 A/R V-band inlet/outlet : atpturbo.com

Fiesta ST Turbo Manifold (EMAIL FOR CURRENT LEAD TIMES) – WOR Fabrications LLC

Last edited:

@Salty_FiST

Premium Account
Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Get a GEN2 GTX2860R with a TIAL.52 SS Exhaust turbine housing...never look back. Talk to Will @ WOR fabrications to see if he can make you a Tubular manifold and DP with V-band with External TIAL wastgate setup.

Housing, Turbine, TiAL P/N 004097, Stainless, GT28/GTX28, .52 A/R V-band inlet/outlet : atpturbo.com

Fiesta ST Turbo Manifold (EMAIL FOR CURRENT LEAD TIMES) – WOR Fabrications LLC
I myself am already invested and going the route of the S280, but those of us that don't (to include myself). What does getting the TIAL exhaust turbine housing do? And if your suggesting getting Worfab EWG exhaust manifold setup that would require welding the internal gate on the 2860, why not just grab the Peron STG4 EWG setup. Wouldn't that be easier?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I myself am already invested and going the route of the S280, but those of us that don't (to include myself). What does getting the TIAL exhaust turbine housing do? And if your suggesting getting Worfab EWG exhaust manifold setup that would require welding the internal gate on the 2860, why not just grab the Peron STG4 EWG setup. Wouldn't that be easier?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
You can get the 2860 non-gated, which I think is what he is suggesting however that’d require a couple pieces of custom fabrication to work with a WOR manifold due to mounting height. It’d be better to just buy a full kit from Will and have him source the turbo you want, which he absolutely can and won’t mark it up absurdly. The .52 housing will give you a much faster spool to answer your question.

I'm with @fk8fist on reliability being a big factor in whatever performance car I own. For whatever it's worth, from everything I've read the best reliable power vs cost benefit is s280 with uprated injectors paired with a ported/tubular manifold.

I am not sure there is any benefit to uprated injectors and ported manifold if you're not going to run e30 as most people here have written you're up against the knock ceiling so more fuel won't equal more power.

i run an adapt-X e30 tune on a stock turbo/WGA and it's at another level. it's noticeably stronger at all points of the rev range. i think @jeff said it best that the adapt-X e30 tune is what the Fiesta always should have been. Dizzy has a $75 e30 tune if you're anywhere close to an ethanol station and people here really like that tune.

if i was trying to convince someone to keep their Fiesta that would be my argument. i don't want to go big turbo anymore as now i'm just trying to figure out ways to get that power to the ground without going LSD. p.s. i know it's a losing battle but I still have three years on my powertrain warranty and passenger motor mount/ transmission mount/rear camber plates/front camber bolts might keep my mind and pocketbook happy enough.

Last edited:

jeff

2000 Post Club
I have been mentioned so here are thoughts.

If you need to be convinced to keep it, you're on the way out. Sounds to me like the wanderlust (Hyundai) is steering your ship more than love for the Fiesta. And that's OK. In the end you'll likely do all the planned upgrades you mentioned (which will make it far better than the Hyundai in question), drive it a bit, feel the same way before long, and eventually switch to another car. I had my Fiesta 7 years. I arrived at 304whp and 337wtq at year 2 of ownership. Was mesmerized and happy with that for the next 3 years. By year 5 of ownership I was starting to convince myself to keep it. Took till year 7 (last week) to finally say goodbye. It was never "not enough" - further mods wouldn't have changed my mind. Was just ready for a change. My power level was exhilarating every drive. But no matter how many Caramello candy bars you eat, eventually you're ready to try something different. In my case, when I first started looking elsewhere (at year 5) the clock started ticking.

I will say this, I've owned about 40 cars and the Fiesta is the one I kept the longest. Usually they last a year or two maybe. Seven was long. That says a lot about the Fiesta. Zero regrets selling though.

Good luck!!!

OP
fk8fist
Thread Starter #38
Meh I wouldn’t go far enough to say my mind is made up. I’m never afraid to try new things.
I’m a pretty diehard Ford person and have been for years. I was a Ford tech for almost 10 years and dd/road raced an SVTF before this car.
At this point with the car, I don’t see a need to go past an S280 when I’m driving it on the street still. Or really at any point for my wants. I like to keep a little bit of balance of some reliability with some power.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Meh I wouldn’t go far enough to say my mind is made up. I’m never afraid to try new things.
I’m a pretty diehard Ford person and have been for years. I was a Ford tech for almost 10 years and dd/road raced an SVTF before this car.
At this point with the car, I don’t see a need to go past an S280 when I’m driving it on the street still. Or really at any point for my wants. I like to keep a little bit of balance of some reliability with some power.
Ya I said it earlier and I feel your on the right path with an S280 . Even Jeff mention in his own threads that he felt the sweet spot powerwise for this car was around 280whp. My friends who are long term FiST owners tend to feel the same way one had 2860 gen II and the other has a Revo242 which is actually the S280’s smaller older brother. I tend to agree at 284 whp the car is about perfect for street and canyons. I start going higher and it’s just a handful. Mind you fun but would get old I feel. You want a car with well over 300whp all day and drive on the street IMO RWD.

OP
fk8fist
Thread Starter #40
Ya I said it earlier and I feel you’re on the right path with an S280 . Even Jeff mention in his own threads that he felt the sweet spot powerwise for this car was around 280whp. My friends who are long term FiST owners tend to feel the same way one had 2860 gen II and the other has a Revo242 which is actually the S280’s smaller older brother. I tend to agree at 284 whp the car is about perfect for street and canyons. I start going higher and it’s just a handful. Mind you fun but would get old I feel. You want a car with well over 300whp all day and drive on the street IMO RWD.
I don’t really plan on going past the stock fuel system on pump with an S280. Usually with turbo cars I like to overdo the fuel system so I don’t have to bother with it again. So I may go aux fuel. That and the fact that will keep my valves cleaner.
There is little things I want to change that I think will help the car feel more planted with an S280. Lsd is def gonna be a must.

I’m past the want for the N. After my training class, it def needs a few years to be ironed out. I don’t think that will happen though seeing Hyundai’s future plans with EV.