Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My two week review, thoughts on the ST.

Well, almost two weeks but close enough. Random thoughts in no order.

Second best exhaust note of any car that I have owned (Fiat 500 Abarth wins that one)

Handles great, maybe even better than the Abarth but with noticeably more power.

I don't know if it is because I am very tall and have the seat far back but the touch screen is pretty far away.

No one is expecting the ST to be fast. Have already had several people do the whole "change lanes so they were not stuck behind me at the light" and were promptly smoked when the light turned. It would be one thing if they were lining up to race but its clearly people that just think I am going to be slow and do not want to be behind me.

the gas and brake petal are pretty close together, I was wearing big dumpy sandals one day and had to take off my right one because the edge of it kept getting stuck under the brake pedal.

I really like how they have glass at the front and back edges of the side windows, in addition to better sight lines it makes the cabin feel much larger than if they had used plastic pieces in those areas like a lot of cars do.

its my first push button start car so i keep trying to turn it off with the window wiper lever.

My Cobalt SS/SC had about 200 horsepower before I modded it but this feels faster, I have not compared the weights on the two yet because I am lazy but I would think they are pretty close?

More thoughts added as I think them!

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I'd say it's probably faster than the average SC cobalt SS. I used to have an SRT4 and stock for stock it should have been slightly faster, but it was *much* faster, I think maybe the cobalt was geared lazy or something? The fist is geared kinda steep, so you actually have to shift twice to hit 60 which is part of our poopy 0-60 time.

When you say the sound of the car - are you talking about the symposer? The actual exhaust sound is really quiet, I came from an Abarth and I don't know how chrysler did it with the SRT4 and the 500 abarth but their muffler-less exhausts sound amazing.

OP
P
Thread Starter #3
I'd say it's probably faster than the average SC cobalt SS. I used to have an SRT4 and stock for stock it should have been slightly faster, but it was *much* faster, I think maybe the cobalt was geared lazy or something? The fist is geared kinda steep, so you actually have to shift twice to hit 60 which is part of our poopy 0-60 time.

When you say the sound of the car - are you talking about the symposer? The actual exhaust sound is really quiet, I came from an Abarth and I don't know how chrysler did it with the SRT4 and the 500 abarth but their muffler-less exhausts sound amazing.

i like that the exhaust is quiet, my neighbors do to! The symposer just brings the exhaust note to the cabin without making it super loud outside, best of both worlds!

Salt

Symposor is intake sound ran off a boost pipe, they can cause a boost leak.

Exhaust note is there but its quiet. Around town at slow speed you can hear it gurgle if the windows are down

OP
P
Thread Starter #5
Symposor is intake sound ran off a boost pipe, they can cause a boost leak.

Exhaust note is there but its quiet. Around town at slow speed you can hear it gurgle if the windows are down

any way to tell if it was causing a leak?

Dorman 1-1.125 expansion plug. Pop the top of the kazoo, insert, tighten and voila! Now you can hear your car. One of the first and best mods I made to the stock car

OP
P
Thread Starter #7
Dorman 1-1.125 expansion plug. Pop the top of the kazoo, insert, tighten and voila! Now you can hear your car. One of the first and best mods I made to the stock car
i appreciate the advice but I have no clue what any of that means!

First step buy one. Step two bring it home. Step 3 we’ll talk about once you complete
1 & 2

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Unless God forbid you like the fake kazoo sound of the leaky ass symposer?
some friends and I put a length of innertube and a turkey call our buddy's bov back in the day, when the bov opened it inflated the inner tube and did this dying turkey sound as it vented thru the turkey call lol

some friends and I put a length of innertube and a turkey call our buddy's bov back in the day, when the bov opened it inflated the inner tube and did this dying turkey sound as it vented thru the turkey call lol
There’s a vid on commietube where they put it on the the exhaust pipe. I pissed in my Depends

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
i actually do not mind it, but if it is leaky that is a different matter!
If you like it leave it on. It can leak with age. A upgraded turbo or aggressive tune could also make a small boost leak. If it ever stops making sound then you definitely have a leak.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
i actually do not mind it, but if it is leaky that is a different matter!
It's mostly after you tune it for more boost... and it's hard to tell as with a MAP system the turbo will work harder to make up for it, but your turbo will wear out faster too. It's the Dorman 02600 part number that you can get for $3 at the auto parts store to plug the hole on the cold side intercooler pipe and remove the symposer. Less crap under your hood you don't need either. But then it will be so quiet, you will need to do a muffler delete or swap, even to a cheap glasspack while leaving the rest of the exhaust stock adds some decent sound under acceleration but quiet while cruising.

If you like it leave it on. It can leak with age. A upgraded turbo or aggressive tune could also make a small boost leak. If it ever stops making sound then you definitely have a leak.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Lmfao I definitely don’t have a leak