Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Name Your Price (Poll)

Set a price for the guaranteed sell of *your* vehicle.

• Total voters

dhminer

2000 Post Club
$30k and it's yours. Comes with spare tranny, spare brand new long block, two stock radiators, extra set of taillights and other things I can't think of right now.

I'm sure the emotional pain from selling it would eventually go away. Doesn't time heal all wounds?
I dk I’m still bitter that my dad wrecked my 97 Volvo 850R

SPhilli911

If I had to sell it I would be reasonable and sell it at a fair price, but I can't imagine a scenario where I would ever have to get rid of it. I still regret selling my last car, a mostly unmodified '04 Subaru STI. Just like the STI, it would be difficult to find a good Fiesta again in the future.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Why did you downgrade the seats? I upgraded mine from cloth, I love the heating element in the winter

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk
I hated the recaros. I would get hip discomfort and they made me slouch forward. I have the focus adjustable headrest too which doesn't push your head forward as much.

Thinking back, if I hadn't swapped the seats I was going to trade the car in, that's how uncomfortable I found it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
For me... it would be roughly twice what I've got in mine to even consider selling. That figure (upwards of 50k) is highly dependant upon another subcompact hothatch (as exciting as the FiST) entering the US market. Read: right now, there's no car I'd rather have. If the GR Yaris was here? I might let it go for trade in value.

I hated the recaros. I would get hip discomfort and they made me slouch forward. I have the focus adjustable headrest too which doesn't push your head forward as much.

Thinking back, if I hadn't swapped the seats I was going to trade the car in, that's how uncomfortable I found it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I second this... the Recaros rounded my shoulders forward and I just couldn't get comfortable. Really disappointed considering how nice they make the cabin look.

I second this... the Recaros rounded my shoulders forward and I just couldn't get comfortable. Really disappointed considering how nice they make the cabin look.
My thoughts also, this is why I sought my 2019 without Recaro's. I'm also not a big fan of sunroofs, which most of the Recaro optioned cars seem to have!

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I was very close to buying one of those many moons ago. That turbo would climb a tree and it looked like a hearse, simply beautiful. Just too unreliable so I passed. Sorry to hear about yours.
Unfortunately mine was the sedan. My odo died at 146k miles, drove it for another 2 years. Only thing it was ever in the shop for in all those miles was an alternator around 120k and what I thought was a compressor at 140k because there was no a/c. Turned out the adjustment knob broke and the compressor was fine.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Buying the car for so cheap and it having low resale value gives me piece of mind when it comes to modding. I'm trying to wait until it's paid off (or damn close) before I do any turbo upgrades which actually may be by the end of this year.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Unfortunately mine was the sedan. My odo died at 146k miles, drove it for another 2 years. Only thing it was ever in the shop for in all those miles was an alternator around 120k and what I thought was a compressor at 140k because there was no a/c. Turned out the adjustment knob broke and the compressor was fine.
I think the sedans look just as good. There are some rare MT cars out there as well, even wagons. Would love to own one but I've owned a Volvo before and while the engine is indestructible pretty much the rest of the car was dicey and always in need of repair. Fix one thing, two others break. That's what steered me away from purchasing the hearse and has kept be away since. Still they are just so cool. Glad to hear another person appreciates them.

Now if I found a mint 90s T5-R someone wanted to give me I'd gladly take it!!!

Buying the car for so cheap and it having low resale value
Have you checked prices recently? Because right now, similar examples to mine are selling for 3k more than I paid for it last year. This is after all the extra miles I put on.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Have you checked prices recently? Because right now, similar examples to mine are selling for 3k more than I paid for it last year. This is after all the extra miles I put on.
Even if someone offered me 25k for my 2018 I would not sell it. I am having too much fun with a very practical car.
Now I may not be in the same shoes as some as I can afford multiple cars . Which allows me the luxury of not having to sell things but with that said I am not bored enough with the car to sell it. In fact its as fun if not more than a lot of great cars I know of. So ya if cash rules you sell your car . I think you might be making a mistake though considering they only made about 10k of these things and they are going to be rarer than hens teeth in the coming years.

Last edited:

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Like I mentioned, I already modified the interior a lot. I bought it cheap, and I'll keep it just because it's been cheap to own and maintain so far. Even if I got $12k for it, there's not much I'd want to buy in that price range.

Even if someone offered me 25k for my 2018 I would not sell it. I am having too much fun with a very practical car.
Now I may not be in the same shoes as some as I can afford multiple cars . Which allows me the luxury of not having to sell things but with that said I am not bored enough with the car to sell it. In fact its as fun if not more than a lot of great cars I know of. So ya if cash rules you sell your car . I think you might be mistaking a mistake though considering they only made about 10k of these things and they are going to be rarer than hens teeth in the coming years.
Do we have a solid number of how many Fiesta ST's came into the US?

I remember reading that it was around 35,000 which I assume is worldwide?

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
I’m into mine for over 40k. And that’s what it is insured for. That said, it’s a car - as much as I like it, there are some that I’d consider, if only just because it’s something different. And, this time around, I’d keep THAT car bone stock. A Veloster? A 205? A Cozzy? A Type R? Make me an offer….

ronmcdon

I was also a bit conflicted with the oem Recaros.

They look nice, but was worried with build quality since the oem recaros i've had, have held up questionably even in lower mileage usage. durability it seems like is a bit of crapshot with recaro. agreed the seating position was slightly off.

Nonetheless can't say I don't find the recaro sr7 (imported from japan I think) not tempting. They look suspiciously like the recaros I had in my 12 mustang which probably were the best oem seats ive owned in terms of balance between outright comfort and bolstering.

https://www.nengun.com/recaro/sr-7-kk100?country=US

A more reasonable alternative would be a the Sparco Chrono that's already tried and tested in our cars. Hard to beat around 500 shipped. With brackets that's like 1500 give or take for a pair, but with no side airbags that is also a risk with safety and insurance if one gets in an accident. I will probably just get the driver's seat and call it a day.

https://www.oakos.com/SPAR-00959CRMNR.htm

OP
Intuit

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #39
............... And, this time around, I’d keep THAT car bone stock. ..................
Looking at:
Stage 3 2015: Cobb FMIC + APort&Tuner/Dizzy Tune + Cobb RMM + Ingen CAI + ATP charge pipe + 2JR catless DP + 3" inch Ingen exhaust/custom 3" flange for DP + Mishimoto Radiator + Mishimoto Oil Cooler : Wavetrac LSD : AP Racing clutch : Powerplex side mounts : NGK 1 step colder sparks : Sprint Booster : Boomba sympozer delete : Boomba shifter bushings/short throw adapter : Wilwood Big Brake Kits on all 4 corners and Timken rear hubs : Willwood Spec 37 slotted rotors; 4x100 bolting pattern : Boomba Brake Cooling Deflectors : BC-2 Coilovers and Springs - 1" lower : TB Performance brace, crossmember and rear traction bar : Eibach rear sway bar : NoPistons dead pedal : FuryMotoring fender flares : VM front spoiler with extensions, side skirts, and rear wing extension : TRC front spoiler : Euro smoked LED tailights : Strobe 3rd brake light : rear Rally mud flaps : sanded front grille honeycomb : shark fin antenna : Auxbeam® 7" fog lights : Piercemotorsports front tow hook : SYNC 3 conversion : Rear view backup camera : Speed Dawg shift knob :OEM Fiesta ST floor mats : JL Audio JX400/4D 4-channel amplifier : KICKER 11HS8 8" 150W Subwoofer : AudioControl LC2i 2 : Infinity 6-1/2 Inch Coaxial Speakers : Polk Audio Speakers : Schroth Rallye 4 ASM harness +..........
Sssuuurrreee... I'd give you a year. 😆😜

Yeah that's kind of what I did too is look at something I might replace it with. Problem is, the FiST seems kind of unique and the FoST by comparison is a lot of unneeded size and weight. FiST is just the right size. It can carry four wheel/tire and four tires. I can fold down the seats and throw my road bike back there. A larger vehicle wouldn't fetch me anything other than less predictability in dicey cornering situations.