Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Nearly another new owner from MI...

'Nearly'? Yup, don't actually have the car yet. I just placed the order for a Performance Blue Fiesta ST yesterday, and I've not stopped smiling yet... I think my face will hurt by the time I get the car in 6-8 weeks. [:D] Perhaps I'm jumping the gun a bit, but as it will also be my first brand new car I'm just that bit extra excited (because just getting a Fiesta ST isn't exciting enough, right?). Anyway, I really should be asleep now but had an odd thought and came across the forum while searching something and thought since I'm actually getting one now, I'd go ahead and sign up. So, Hello all!

SPhilli911

Welcome and congrats. My dealer also told me 6-8 weeks, but as of today it's been about 13 weeks.

But I'm on my way to the dealer now, my wait is over. Muhahaha [woot]

OP
L
Thread Starter #8
Congrats. Just as an FYI 6-8 weeks is on the fast side. Typical is 10 to 12 weeks. http://www.arifleet.com/publications/lead_times_delays/

Time will fly though.
Yeah, I was looking through the Order/Build/Delivery thread and started to wonder how accurate the 6-8 weeks would end up being. Thanks for the link, glad to hear it'll be a bit longer now rather than wondering what's taking so long and getting frustrated about it. Also looks like (according to the link), the next down week will be the 11th week so right in the middle of the current eta...

Welcome and congrats. My dealer also told me 6-8 weeks, but as of today it's been about 13 weeks.

But I'm on my way to the dealer now, my wait is over. Muhahaha [woot]
Nice, bet you've nearly forgotten about the wait now that you've got it.

Welcome! Wish you didn't have to wait so long- I think waiting a whole workday seems long hahaha!
I know right? Why didn't they already have my car waiting for me on the lot? [confuse]
On the other hand, it gives me a bit more time to say good bye to my current car ('01 Cavalier), it's been a nearly bulletproof car in the 8 years I've had it, only had to replace the A/C compressor (right after I got it) and the starter motor (last August)...

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
If you have not done so you can ask [MENTION=582]FordService[/MENTION] on this forum to give you more details if you have your VIN or Meagan can even find your VIN for you. Makes the whole process less of a black hole.

OP
L
Thread Starter #10
thanks for the tip, I might do so, but I'm supposed to call in 4 weeks to get the VIN and hopefully a more accurate delivery date, so I'll wait and see what I hear from the dealer before I ask someone else to sate my anxiety.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
thanks for the tip, I might do so, but I'm supposed to call in 4 weeks to get the VIN and hopefully a more accurate delivery date, so I'll wait and see what I hear from the dealer before I ask someone else to sate my anxiety.
LOL she does visit the forum often she can sense disturbances... Beside doubt it's any worse than me 8 weeks in ...

If you have not done so you can ask [MENTION=582]FordService[/MENTION] on this forum to give you more details if you have your VIN or Meagan can even find your VIN for you. Makes the whole process less of a black hole.
You can send me your order number and dealer code, and I can track your order. :) One of the reasons I'm here. :D

LOL she does visit the forum often she can sense disturbances... Beside doubt it's any worse than me 8 weeks in ...

Meagan

See [MENTION=582]FordService[/MENTION] better than the batman call.
OMG, that's incredible! There was a joke on another forum I used to work on that I was a superhero/Batgirl and any time someone mentioned my name or handle, I'd refer to it as the Bat Signal. This is so getting printed out and hung at my desk!

That was awesome! Meagan has been very helpful. Mine is due to arrive May 18th. Cannot come fast enough. lol
Glad to be of service!

Meagan

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
OMG, that's incredible! There was a joke on another forum I used to work on that I was a superhero/Batgirl and any time someone mentioned my name or handle, I'd refer to it as the Bat Signal. This is so getting printed out and hung at my desk!

Meagan
Its a very rushed job using MS paint.

Welcome to the forum my friend! I am in St. Clair Shores! Not to far away. I have a 15 performance blue fist my self. LOVE IT!! We will have to meet up and go cruising once you get yours!