Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Need Advice, Accessport Stolen

Hi Everyone,

It has literally been years since I went on this site but I am in need of some advice. I have a 2014 FiST with Mountune intercooler, Catted downpipe, and a custom tune from Mountune as well. Like two years ago, some A-Hole broke into my car and stole my Accessport. I still had the tune on my car and it was married to my vehicle, so I wasnt too upset at the time. It hadn't crossed my mind that I would eventually be needing to get my car smogged.

Fast forward two years, I will soon need to get the smog taken care of. I was wondering if you all had any advice on how to get around buying a new accessport. I still have the custom tune in an email somewhere.. but Id REALLY rather not have to drop money on a new/used one.

It's been so long since I even thought of my access port, if I bought a new one could I just put my custom tune on there? Dont really even remember how it works. Stupid theif prob didnt even know what it was, and since it was married to my car, it was just an expensive paperweight to them :////

ORRR if anyone has a smog "guy" in San Diego PLEASE Let me know lol

Last edited:

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Maybe take it to a shop or even Mountune themselves and ask them to uninstall it from the car, then get the smog test, and ask them to reinstall it? Just an idea, no clue if it works or not.

SrsBsns

I'd reach out directly to COBB and see if they can help you. I was doing some searching and it looks like this situation isn't particularly unique. Some solutions I've seen include sending them your ECU for them to remove the tune, or COBB providing a discount on a new unit (if you can provide proof of purchase and a police report of the theft). Either way, I think reaching out directly to COBB is your best bet.

Worst case, you could buy a new (or unmarried used) AP and then use it to flash your car back to stock and then unmarry it and sell it again. That way you're not out the money for a brand new one.

The same thing happened to me, and I reached out to COBB to see what steps I needed to take. Below is what the told me:

COBB - "If you purchase a replacement it will write right over the previous AP tune. While installing it will say 'a previous Accessport tune has been detected.' This will let you know it is writing over it. Any custom tunes it won't hang onto, so you will need to speak with your Protuner in regards to getting replacement maps locked to your new Accessport, they just need the new serial number is all."

I then asked "can my stock map that was taken off my car that is now on my computer still be put back on the car?" Their reply is below:

COBB - "In theory, but the stock ECU file we keep on the AP will work just fine for it as well. It will reflash the newest stock firmware to the ECU if you ever go back to stock."

Hope that helps!

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Should have reported it to Cobb so they see if the third is trying to reset it. You can probably still do it if you have the serial. If it won’t pass smog any dealer can flash the ecu back to stock.