Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Need help with a creak

So recently ive had this what sounds to me like a metallic? creaking noise for a week and just today it seemed to become constant. It is coming from the passenger area and my passenger at the time said it sounded as if it was coming from the console at the footwell. Has anyone else had a sound similar to this? I guess this weekend when I throw my winter tires on im gonna take that panel off and see if I can find it. If anyone experienced this particular sound let me know how you dealt with it! Thanks

There is a post from a couple weeks ago that mentioned a fastener on each side within the console, it has metal tabs that it screws into, and these tabs are a bit loose and rock back and forth.

I'll try to find it in a bit when work slows down.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
Koobs
Thread Starter #3
There is a post from a couple weeks ago that mentioned a fastener on each side within the console, it has metal tabs that it screws into, and these tabs are a bit loose and rock back and forth.

I'll try to find it in a bit when work slows down.

Oh man I would greatly appreciate that!

OP
Koobs
Thread Starter #5
Work slammed me, but now I'm back on track. This should be the portion of the thread that matches your description:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_fid=74193&share_type=t&share_pid=193445
The Official Creak, Rattle and other noise complaint thread

Thanks so much, gonna give it a go Sunday! I appreciate you finding it for me!!!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

No trouble, let us know if it cures your creak. May do it myself just as a preventive.