Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Needle In a Haystack

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have done considerable research on the Comp 2 AS and Kumho X4, both are really decent tires but I am more inclined to go with the Comp2 tires.

A 205/45 or 50 will be fine on a 7" wide wheel, a bit more performance oriented would be the 45, a bit more adverse weather would be the 50 series.

If the weather is really crappy and you have are having a hard time a temporary to get you going is to drop in air pressure which can make a big difference but make sure to fill them back up asap and do not drive them at higher speeds of for very long.

OP
L
Thread Starter #25
I have done considerable research on the Comp 2 AS and Kumho X4, both are really decent tires but I am more inclined to go with the Comp2 tires.

A 205/45 or 50 will be fine on a 7" wide wheel, a bit more performance oriented would be the 45, a bit more adverse weather would be the 50 series.

If the weather is really crappy and you have are having a hard time a temporary to get you going is to drop in air pressure which can make a big difference but make sure to fill them back up asap and do not drive them at higher speeds of for very long.
Looking for a softer ride, so I guess 50 series it is! And yes, need a tire that can do it all. Daily driver in and out of DC all week long.

OP
L
Thread Starter #26
Wheels ordered. Sparco Assetto Gara in matte silver. 16X7 with 205/50 BFG G-Force Super Sports.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Slipstreams are generally pretty low in weight but the design and offset can add more to one size than another but you can look to see if you can find them in 15x7 and 17x7, same offset, weight will be in the middle somewhere.

Note, I do not recall Slipstream reports of broken wheels but some Rota wheel styles have had issues, make sure to research that as well.

OP
L
Thread Starter #32
Sparco's installed today! I actually like them more than i thought I would. I also really like the look of the 205/50, really fills out the wheel well nicely.

OP
L
Thread Starter #35
UPDATE:

I'm really liking the handling characteristics of this tire much more than the Hankook Ventus s1 Noble2 that I had previously. Much improved cornering and feels more planted. That said, I'm not a fan of the noise. Maybe it's just me getting older and less tolerant of noise [}(]. But overall I'm pleased with the purchase, going down a size did not soften things up as much as I would like it to have but I certainly like the look of the 16" much better.

Siestarider

I have been happy with OZ Ultras (14.7 lbs) and BFG 205/45/16 Sport Comps. A little more compliant than OEM on street, and sensible for learning tracking. They have one more trackday in them, after 8 this year and over 10,000 street miles.

I was going to try the RE71's, they are clearly the best streetable track tire available. Maybe Mercdank will report their performance for him. I decided to wear out another set of tires before stepping into the best shoes available.

Probably try BFG Rival 215/45/16 next. Santa is bringing me a Cyborg, need a little more rubber for the new year.