Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 16x8 Wheel Incoming - Konig Dekagram

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Where are you based out of? I had 0 issues getting 205/45s that have a lower section width than those nittos on. The stretch is minimal at best?
Far northern Philly suburbs.
Discount Tire would not even sell me these wheels and tires on the same effing order, even NOT mounted (!), OR even if I had mentioned to them that was my plan to do on my own!! [crazyeye]

The one local shop, which I am SURE has mounted some extreme 'stancer' setups (like 195s on 10+" wide wheels and such) in the past agreed to mount them for almost TWICE their normal charges. [:(]

Man I think you should be able to get those mounted anywhere. These guys are gassing you up and discount tire is being dumb. I’d just roll into some place casually and I’ll bet they do it without blinking.

Far northern Philly suburbs.
Discount Tire would not even sell me these wheels and tires on the same effing order, even NOT mounted (!), OR even if I had mentioned to them that was my plan to do on my own!! [crazyeye]

The one local shop, which I am SURE has mounted some extreme 'stancer' setups (like 195s on 10+" wide wheels and such) in the past agreed to mount them for almost TWICE their normal charges. [:(]
I got mine done at Costco! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I just ordered a set of these in bronze (amazingly, the black were out of stock/backorderd by Konig).

My question is has ANYONE tried to stretch a 205/50-16 Nitto Neo Gen over these??

I found a tuner shop willing to try to put a 205/50 on these (for a serious upcharge, of course, whereas NO ONE ELSE in this area would even consider it, no matter how many waivers I signed), but do not want to run into a scenario like some have had trying to put the Falken 615+ on an 8" wide wheel, and they all but could not do so.

ANYONE???
Lol and you guys complain about California? Sorry but I had just had to call this. Most tthe smaller tire shops and or track oriented shops around here would not blink at putting a 205/50 on a 8 inch wheel lol.
Nor would they ask for more money to do it. Ya Tire rack and Just tires and more of the big chains might complain but I know even Discount tire direct out here has done it.
Hell they installed 225/45 on my 9 inch Rays back in the day and I know some of you here consider that a stretch. Lol

Anyone in SoCal that does not know where to go for a great tire selection and they will not balk at these kind of installs R Compound USA in Whittier. Hit them up they are on Facebook.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Like I said, when you speak to the DTD people on the phone, OR even try to order (on the very same order) a wheel too wide for the tire manufacturer's spec (YUP, EVEN BY JUST AN EFFING HALF INCH!!), they refuse to sell it to you, even if you tell them they are for different cars/tires/wheels.
To CY(their)A against ANY possible litigation, I suppose.

Hell, the brick and mortar Discount Tire stores may not care themselves, but the closest one to me is more than 500 miles away.

Tirerack lists a 205 as a recommended tire size option for an 8" wide wheel. Those people are crazy!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I ordered the BFG SC2's in 205-45-16 this weekend but I can't decide between the black or the bronze for my st. I looked through all 60 pages and couldn't really find any cars that were performance blue so I was wondering if anyone has any pics of a performance blue st with the black or bronze wheels?

I'm also a little worried about the tires and wheels sticking out too far past the fender, a lot of pics look good but some make me question it. I'm installing swift springs soon so I just want to make sure everything looks right.

Thanks for any info.

Joe

Erick_V

I ordered the BFG SC2's in 205-45-16 this weekend but I can't decide between the black or the bronze for my st. I looked through all 60 pages and couldn't really find any cars that were performance blue so I was wondering if anyone has any pics of a performance blue st with the black or bronze wheels?

I'm also a little worried about the tires and wheels sticking out too far past the fender, a lot of pics look good but some make me question it. I'm installing swift springs soon so I just want to make sure everything looks right.

Thanks for any info.

Joe
Not Performance Blue but pretty close! BC936497-4454-4993-8D1E-235EFDFF4518.jpeg 62F70964-B330-4CCF-87C6-5716AD8F7221.jpeg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

Thanks for any info.

Joe
IF you need them like 'yesterday', you can only get the bronze right now (going by both Discount Tire and Konig themselves), since the black are backordered until the end of May or so.
Unless you can find a vendor/retailer who somehow has the black in stock in their OWN stash, and does not depend on ordering them directly from Konig. [wink]

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I would be over-joyed if they (or ANYONE else) would just built us a UHP all season in that (or a 225/45-16) size (like their Comp-2 A/S). [wink]
For anyone interested in a NAME BRAND (vs. mainland Chinese 'off brand') UHP ALL SEASON tire in a 215/45-16 size, there is exactly ONE, and it is hard to come by here in the states (very few distributors).

It is the Vredestein Quatrac 5, which IS XL load & V speed rated, and it carries both an M+S AND the 'snowflake on the mountain' designations for those who must have only one wheel/tire setup in the northern climes.

I suspect that because of the tread pattern/compounding to achieve the above winter capabilities (and it's higher {400?} tread wear rating), it will not handle as well as a Neo Gen in either the cold/dry, or the warmer temps, but will probably be right there with the Conti DWS06, and General AS05. [:(]

But it is another option, and I am guessing there will be a lot less reluctance to mount a 215 on an 8" wide wheel from even the 'mainstream' installers.

Last edited:
IF you need them like 'yesterday', you can only get the bronze right now (going by both Discount Tire and Konig themselves), since the black are backordered until the end of May or so.
Unless you can find a vendor/retailer who somehow has the black in stock in their OWN stash, and does not depend on ordering them directly from Konig. [wink]
I just ordered a set of the bronze, can't wait to get these on! Thanks for the heads up 👍

Joe

Dpro

6000 Post Club
For anyone interested in a NAME BRAND (vs. mainland Chinese 'off brand') UHP ALL SEASON tire in a 215/45-16 size, there is exactly ONE, and it is hard to come by here in the states (very few distributors).

It is the Vredestein Quatrac 5, which IS XL load & V speed rated, and it carries both an M+S AND the 'snowflake on the mountain' designations for those who must have only one wheel/tire setup in the northern climes.

I suspect that because of the tread pattern/compounding to achieve the above winter capabilities (and it's higher {400?} tread wear rating), it will not handle as well as a Neo Gen in either the cold/dry, or the warmer temps, but will probably be right there with the Conti DWS06, and General AS05. [:(]

But it is another option, and I am guessing there will be a lot less reluctance to mount a 215 on an 8" wide wheel from even the 'mainstream' installers.
Vredesteins are show tires IMO.

edited for the sake of Ford ST bringing some info to light.

Last edited:

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Vredesteins are crap show tires I would not trust them. Don”t even recommend that junk here . lol
I disagree. I have Vredestein Quatrac tires on my daily driver. They do great in nasty weather. I'm pretty sure people in Holland know how to make snow tires. Well the Quatrac is a all-weather tire.
They are like the number one rated tire on tire rack.
I've had some bad tires in my life they are far far from it. They eat water like it doesn't exist. Snow slush garbage they don't give a damn.

Oh and they're made by people who actually earn a nice living.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I disagree. I have Vredestein Quatrac tires on my daily driver. They do great in nasty weather. I'm pretty sure people in Holland know how to make snow tires. Well the Quatrac is a all-weather tire.
They are like the number one rated tire on tire rack.
I've had some bad tires in my life they are far far from it. They eat water like it doesn't exist. Snow slush garbage they don't give a damn.

Oh and they're made by people who actually earn a nice living.

hmm call me shocked . I just have never seen them used on the Track and they usually are the I don’t want to pay the money for name brand or I am looking for super low aspect ratio to put on my 22’s around here. lol

edited my previous post to reflect what you informed me of.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
hmm call me shocked . I just have never seen them used on the Track and they usually are the I don’t want to pay the money for name brand or I am looking for super low aspect ratio to put on my 22’s around here. lol

edited my previous post to reflect what you informed me of.
They recently came out with the Quatrac pro. It supposedly performs 5 to 10% better in all aspects from the last generation Quatrac. Track tire nope. Tire you can drive in many different weather conditions and perform decently absolutely. I'm interested in trying one of their ultra high-performance summer tires.

Last edited: