Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 16x8 Wheel Incoming - Konig Dekagram

CSM

1000 Post Club
So it's been a couple of weeks since installing my setup. It's rubbing a little bit, figured I'd post a little bit of an overview:

Car: 2014 FiST
Suspension: Bilstein B14 coilovers set to near max height. Running 1 camber bolt up front with -1.5* camber and slight toe out
Wheel/tire setup: 16x8 Konig Dekagram w/ 225/45/16 Dunlop Direzza ZIII
Impressions: Great setup. Soaks up the bumps a bit better than my 17" setup. Also the extra inch on the tires helps a bit with traction. The downside is that on shitty ohio roads, I am getting some rubbing pretty bad. Mostly on the plastic wheel liner but today one of my tires hit the metal fender tab and it took out a chunk of rubber (see photo). As much as I'd love to run these on the street, I think I am going to throw the Sparcos w/ the 215/40/17 ZIIIs back on and keep the 16x8s for track/autocross duty. I may try to play with the coilover settings and maybe even install another camber bolt and see if I can get -2* or more camber to see if that helps. But for now this setup is going to chill in the garage until Autocross day :)
Photos:
Side Profile Shot IMG_20190803_133322.jpg
Rear Profile
IMG_20190730_185707.jpg
Side by side comparison with my 215/40/17 ZIII
IMG_20190730_184809.jpg
Results of rubbing - Chunk of rubber torn from tire :(
IMG_20190810_093728.jpg

HBEcoBeaST

So it's been a couple of weeks since installing my setup. It's rubbing a little bit, figured I'd post a little bit of an overview:

Car: 2014 FiST
Suspension: Bilstein B14 coilovers set to near max height. Running 1 camber bolt up front with -1.5* camber and slight toe out
Wheel/tire setup: 16x8 Konig Dekagram w/ 225/45/16 Dunlop Direzza ZIII
Impressions: Great setup. Soaks up the bumps a bit better than my 17" setup. Also the extra inch on the tires helps a bit with traction. The downside is that on shitty ohio roads, I am getting some rubbing pretty bad. Mostly on the plastic wheel liner but today one of my tires hit the metal fender tab and it took out a chunk of rubber (see photo). As much as I'd love to run these on the street, I think I am going to throw the Sparcos w/ the 215/40/17 ZIIIs back on and keep the 16x8s for track/autocross duty. I may try to play with the coilover settings and maybe even install another camber bolt and see if I can get -2* or more camber to see if that helps. But for now this setup is going to chill in the garage until Autocross day :)
Photos:
Side Profile Shot View attachment 22623
Rear Profile
View attachment 22624
Side by side comparison with my 215/40/17 ZIII
View attachment 22625
Results of rubbing - Chunk of rubber torn from tire :(
View attachment 22626
You ever consider rolling the fenders a little bit? You're on regular Fiesta b14s right?

My 205/50s rub on extreme bumps at speed but not during normal driving. Stock suspension

CSM

1000 Post Club
You ever consider rolling the fenders a little bit? You're on regular Fiesta b14s right?

My 205/50s rub on extreme bumps at speed but not during normal driving. Stock suspension
Yeah I'd consider rolling fenders but I'm 90% sure the chunks of tire are being caused by the fender tab thing which you cant roll. I am going to throw on my Sparcos later today and I'll inspect the rubbing more closely. I'll post up.

Last edited:

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Thanks for the images and playing round with your setup. In my opinion, autocross stresses the suspension more than any bad roads, so if it is rubbing on the street, it will keep rubbing when dodging cones. If you can find a solution to your problem, it would be awesome. I really want some 225 tires but I fear that if I get them I wouldn't be able to actually use them. My 215/45/17's are taller than your setup, and with coilovers at max height currently do not rub.

so update on the possible rubbing issue. wheels are 205/15 force comp 2s. no rubbing under normal or aggressive driving but the rear wheels will rub at a full lockout. was going about 50 and hit a dip that I didnt see and launched the car pretty good, came down hard and maxed out the read on stock suspension. little rub, nothing too insane

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Yeah I'd consider rolling fenders but I'm 90% sure the chunks of tire are being caused by the fender tab thing which you cant roll. I am going to throw on my Sparcos later today and I'll inspect the rubbing more closely. I'll post up.

If it’s the tab I’m thinking of you can beat it with hammer for little more room. I did on my last fist and it helped.

Hello guys, I will soon receive my 16x8 dekagrams. I have a stock suspension and I would like to go with swift spec-r springs and 225/45 16 wheels. Do you know if I will have a rub with this configuration? I appreciate if someone has this configuration and share their experiences or images .... thanks

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Hello guys, I will soon receive my 16x8 dekagrams. I have a stock suspension and I would like to go with swift spec-r springs and 225/45 16 wheels. Do you know if I will have a rub with this configuration? I appreciate if someone has this configuration and share their experiences or images .... thanks
I personally don't have experience with this set up, but I'd imagine that 225/45 are gonna be too big, even on 16's, especially with lowered suspension. That being said, I might be completely wrong. Good luck!

CSM

1000 Post Club
I have a similar setup. Except I'm not as low on my coilovers and I still rub. Had to pull the setup a few weeks ago because a chunk ripped out of one of the tires. I need to raise the coilovers (they're nearly maxed out) and dial in more camber and try again.

I'm pretty sure you will be rubbing quite a lot

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
I personally don't have experience with this set up, but I'd imagine that 225/45 are gonna be too big, even on 16's, especially with lowered suspension. That being said, I might be completely wrong. Good luck!
Unless you're running 14's or maybe even 15's there's no way that kinda tire will fit.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
I think I've seen guys here using this tire (225/45 16), it won't work well then?
If it does work you will need to do some kinda work: raise suspension with coil overs, add some camber, or roll out your fenders. Even still you might get rub on full turns or full compression on your suspension. In some instances the rub might be so small that you might not care, but it definitely won't work on a lowered car. To put in perspective, 215/40/17's might get some rub, even with smaller measurements on both ends. Just out of curiosity, why are you looking at tires so big anyway?

then it is more appropriate on 205/50 16 thinking about the bad streets of my city with profile 50

Those should be alright I feel, especially given the bad roads. Before you do that though, I would ask a tire technician first, just to be safe.
yeah I'm rocking 205/50 in wisconsin and the roads are absolutely horrible. no rubbing issues so far with normal driving

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I am not an expert in this subject but I would like to ask the most experienced guys, talking about performance which would give better results in terms of lap times, handling, traction etc between both (225 / 45R16 or 205 / 50R16 and now 215 / 45R16) Thank you all for your opinions