Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 2016 FiST Owner

Hello from northern VA. Just bought a black 2016 Fiesta ST with 32K miles last weekend and love it so far. The previous owner put an an aftermarket intake and exhaust on it and i havent been able to identify either of them (havent got under the car to see if the muffler has a brand on it). The car is pretty loud both spooling sound as well as exhaust which i dont mind, just want to know what is on the car. i attached a couple pics in case someone can identify. 119415107_1021010928325269_2996386614924967526_n.jpg 119237996_353335086026516_974851372288867790_n.jpg 119552049_321964952217207_5801901493922852809_n.jpg 119229692_321774039046546_3814033567113994089_n.jpg

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Welcome to the machine.
I'm in Sterling. If you ever get up this way let me know.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I've got the Octane Academy this coming Friday, so I'm swamped until then.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome!
I don't recognize the intake or the exhaust, but someone probably can.
Looks like a little cleaning under the hood wouldn't hurt.

OP
Blk16 FiST
Thread Starter #7
I've got the Octane Academy this coming Friday, so I'm swamped until then.

No worries, the car runs all perfect im just curious

Welcome!
I don't recognize the intake or the exhaust, but someone probably can.
Looks like a little cleaning under the hood wouldn't hurt.
Cleaning for sure, ive just been on nights all week and haven't had time

OP
Blk16 FiST
Thread Starter #11
New issue.. went to change intake filter (the one I bought the car with, with the aftermarket intake) and the filter was extremely dirty, went to autozone and a couple other local auto parts stores and couldn’t find a filter that would fit. The outer diameter of the filter is very large, ~6in, the rubber piece that tightens onto the tube is like ~2.5in. Thinking about changing the intake to something else so I know what is going on the car, any suggestions?

I’ve read through the forum a lot and my favorite is the cp-e (https://cp-e.com/shop/product/ford-fiesta-st-xcel-intake-intake-system/) but it says 14-15 ST and mine is a 2016.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
If it's a oil type air filter you just clean it with a recharge kit.

Post a picture the air filter normally has a part number somewhere on it.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
Blk16 FiST
Thread Starter #13
Haha damn.. wish I had done that before putting back in the car, I’ll do that tomorrow. Doesn’t look like the K&N that’s on it was even cleaned or oiled, all the filter material is white vice red (under all the dirt and buildup)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd lay bets on both the intake and exhaust being custom fab work. I don't know of any intakes the reuse the OEM plastic evap line connections. Looks like none of the OEM intake is left, so you'd need a full intake to replace it (hopefully the OEM bend at the turbo is still there). For 16+ that just leaves Mishimoto (good sound, works without CEL, has fitment issues), Whoosh (full kit is kind of spendy, I have no experience with it), or cp-e (also no experience). If you buy a 14-15 evap line, there are some other options as well like Injen's. Cobb's requires the factory lower airbox.

Not that any of this is necessary; most tuners have found no performance advantage to intakes before you go big turbo. Mostly they're just for sound. But getting a full OEM intake would be spendy, unless you can find someone here that has one they would let go of for cheap.

OP
Blk16 FiST
Thread Starter #15
Found an AEM filter that fit and put a pre-filter over it, that will do for now until the wife okays buying parts. Since putting the new filter on it runs 100% better and sounds better. I was wondering if its normal to get backfire (pops) downshifting into 3rd and 2nd slowing down? Never had a car that does that but i know its common with high HP cars.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF it is a 3" exhaust system, it will occasionally pop on a high rev downshift, or even a high rev 'coast-down' in a lower gear, yes, even on the factory tune.

Mine does this with a CP-E Nexus system, factory downpipe/catcon, and the factory tune, as well as between the 1-2 shift at any rev level, when cold. [wink]

IF it is a 3" exhaust system, it will occasionally pop on a high rev downshift, or even a high rev 'coast-down' in a lower gear, yes, even on the factory tune.

Mine does this with a CP-E Nexus system, factory downpipe/catcon, and the factory tune, as well as between the 1-2 shift at any rev level, when cold. [wink]
Yep, my Thermal R&D does this as well. I don't run any pops/burble tunes, and I really like the "natural" way it does it based on certain conditions.

OP
Blk16 FiST
Thread Starter #18
Haven’t measured the exhaust but that makes sense. I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t something wrong in the system, like spark plugs or something. It doesn’t “pop” on up shifts but definitely almost every time on down shifts if I let the clutch completely out. It’s awesome and I am happy it’s not an issue

OP
Blk16 FiST
Thread Starter #19
Quick question: with the CP-E intake, will the snorkel thing for ram air suck in water? It was raining to and from work today and the check engine light came on. Guessing some moisture got in the intake with the filter being so low in the engine bay.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Quick question: with the CP-E intake, will the snorkel thing for ram air suck in water? It was raining to and from work today and the check engine light came on. Guessing some moisture got in the intake with the filter being so low in the engine bay.

Looks like it.